B15 Sentra Forum banner

spec v clutch

2K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  cpowers 
#1 ·
Hey guys i got a little issue...My damn clutch is kinda hard when i press it in, im sure the clutch is still 90% good =), so that cant be it..

Is it ok if i bleed the clutch fluid and put maybe dot 5 in?..Would this make it easier to press?

it gets annoying sometimes because i like to hold it in while i decelerate.

#2 ·
work that noodle leg man... you should be happy we have hydraulic clutches... they are easier than the cable version... oh and don't drive a manual mustang. :)

#3 ·
Manual mustangs are horrible to drive... especially that third gear... The spec v clutch is not the best (my opinion) but it's pretty good compared to some other cars.. plus yeah, drive a mechanical clutch and you'll forget about your being hard to push in...

#4 ·
i drove a 6 cylinder manual, ya it was hard

but when the clutch was good and stuff, this car was ez to press...Now that the clutch is worn in its a pain. Im trying to think of anyhting to make it smoother. any ideas?

#9 ·
chimmike said:
what a panzy. i have driven 4 spec v's, and each one the clutch pedal went to the floor with little effort...much less so than my gxe clutch, which is still insanely easy.
go suck a dick...I just want it more comfortable, its not if i can press it or not..

your such a F"ING idioto mofo that its sad mike

go buy a geo metro and troll their boards

#10 ·
chimmike said:
what a panzy. i have driven 4 spec v's, and each one the clutch pedal went to the floor with little effort...much less so than my gxe clutch, which is still insanely easy.
I have experienced the opposite. I have driven a few Spec V's and all of them had a stiffer clutch pedal than my SE. I noticed the stiffnes, but it was nothing that bothered me.

#14 ·
chimmike said:
eh, he's the genius who supposedly is running a 100 shot dry and pullin 12.1's in the 1/4 wiht a slip to prove it :rolleyes:

yet he's complaining that his clutch pedal is too stiff.

yeah. he's an idiot.
mike, you need to get a life...stop replying with stupid ****, i think you need to get your *** kicked for talking this much ****

#15 ·
OVOleg said:
mike, you need to get a life...stop replying with stupid ****, i think you need to get your *** kicked for talking this much ****
You bring it on yourself, maybee if you sat and thought for a minute before you typed it wouldnt be so bad.

And the Spec clutch is easy compared to MANY other cars.. odds are you just aren't used to it yet. Either that or your 100 dry shot has worn it out :D

#16 ·
Just out of curiosity, how long are you holding it in as you decelerate? From what I've read it's never a good idea to hold your clutch in so long that it "gets annoying", as you say.

There was a good shifting/downshifting tutorial posted a while back from an Altima board, I searched but couldnt find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

#17 ·
OVOleg said:
<ye olde b15 flame>

I think you've been putting that dry shot nozzle up your nose and engaging the nitrous.... sulfur has rot your brain!!! ... at least get the medical grade.

someone that can drive a spec-v @ a 12.1 at the same time bust up their car pulling out of a garage.

gets window repaired at a nissan dealership, I'm sure they didn't notice your arming switch or solenoids.

honestly, go crawl somewhere in a hole.

I want to see that 12.1 slip, along with a pic of your car with the same numbers that are on the slip @ a track.

btw.. 12.1 on the 1/8mi doesn't count hoser. :p

</ye olde b15 flame>

#19 ·
OVOleg said:
man, I can talk all the *hit I want to you, beacuse I know I could kick your pathetic arse. It's not a guess, I KNOW I could do it.

Know how I know? I am reading your posts, your claims, and your BS. Only the weakest, most pathetic losers claim outrageous times with mods they don't have, then in another thread complain about the stifness of a STOCK HYDRAULIC CLUTCH.

You talk a lot, but do less.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to use your mom as my other ride.

#21 ·
mike i think you need to get a ****ing life...Seriously go to a *** bar and meet some guys, because thats all your going to amount to.

on a side note, i like how everyone agrees with you because you've been here a long time...Did you give head to all these people or just your natural arrogant personality standing out..

I like how the mods dont do **** when you troll the damn posts i make. ***** *** chimmike

#24 ·
OVOleg said:
mike i think you need to get a ****ing life...Seriously go to a *** bar and meet some guys, because thats all your going to amount to.

on a side note, i like how everyone agrees with you because you've been here a long time...Did you give head to all these people or just your natural arrogant personality standing out..

I like how the mods dont do **** when you troll the damn posts i make. ***** *** chimmike
We agree with Mike most of the time because he's done a lot of research and put a lot of time into the B15. His thoughts and ideas are also LOGICAL.

Mike doesn't say his N/A QG runs a 14 second 1/4 mile

OVO, Mike, unlike you is consistent.

Mike doesn't drive ****ty enough to crack up his side view, yet claim an unheard of 1/4 mile time (which would take plenty of skill) ... Nothing about your posts are consistent. At least Trolls are consistent. Go nuzzle up to your mom's teat, you'll probably meet Mike there :D

#26 ·
ladies ladies......please.......enough with the retarded argueing........man.......i think you all got a little sand in ur pus sies........as for the clutch issue.........if you bleed your slave cylinder and replace the clutch fluid with DOT 5 that could be the biggest mistake ever........DOT 5 fluid is not designed to work in cars that actually move........DOT 5 is designed for construction equipment and large vehicles like that........it will aerate very very quickly if you were to put it into your car........besides......it wouldn't make any difference if you swapped it out with DOT 4 either........all that means is that it has a higher boiling point.......that's it.......no reason to replace the fluid.......try and drive some other Specs you'll see that the clutch is the exact same as yours.........just have to suck it up i guess.......oh yeah......and if you think the stock clutch is stiff don't get any aftermarket clutch kit......you'll hate it even more than stock

Late,
Daniel
P.S. I've driven a 90 fox body 25th anniversary and the clutch didn't feel all that hard to me.......but i'm probably also used to my JWT as well;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.