B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok can someone please give me a speaker list that will fit our cars....I am far from a stereo buff but I want to get new speakers for my car......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in my hands ready to be put on)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
311 Posts
Okay, Crutchfield says 6½ up front and 6¾ in the back. I couldn't come up with anything for the pillar speakers, but I seem to remember Russ saying something about the Infinity tweeters being a perfect fit. I would recommend Kenwood or Infinity speakers. Infinity absolutely cannot be beat! Their quality is phenominal, and the sound reproduction is nearly perfect. If you don't want to spend the money on Infinity, check into Kenwood. In their price range, I think they're the best you can get. I've got them up front in my car (model 1677) and I have absolutely no complaints. They reproduce sound very well, have a very linear response curve, and the quality is on par with speakers costing twice as much. Also, I hear that JL makes some good gear, and the Alpine DDDrive speakers are great sounding, also.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you or anyone have a model number for a set of Kenwoods for the rear that will fit???

Kenwoods are closer to my budget...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

***My Website***

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i hope 6 1/2 will work all around because that is what i have.... im just waiting to get my deck to get it all put in!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
i hope 6 1/2 will work all around because that is what i have.... im just waiting to get my deck to get it all put in!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>the backs are 6 3/4 I don't think the 6 1/2's will fit...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

***My Website***

·
Registered
312 Posts
SS,

Just put Kenwood KFC-1738Cs in my rear
deck, and they fit perfectly.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much did they run???

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
312 Posts
SS,

$70 from Crutchfield. They send you
the wiring harness and the installation
instructions too.

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UtahJ:
SS,

$70 from Crutchfield. They send you
the wiring harness and the installation
instructions too.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
cool $70 bucks for the set and they give you a wiring harness,,,,that's why i've always liked crutchfeild.....thanks for the advice

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
858, 6 1/2s will fit all around, but not all of the mounting holes will allign perfectly on the rear deck. No big deal though. It'll still mount.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DE 2K:
858, 6 1/2s will fit all around, but not all of the mounting holes will allign perfectly on the rear deck. No big deal though. It'll still mount.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As long as it sits in there I'm sure I could always make a few extra holes if neede to prevent rattling and what not......

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Yeah, but go for the 6 3/4s in the rear deck unless you have one of those "bending" drills. Otherwise, it's going to be a PITA to mount.

Just my .02

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those speaker plates on the top of the deck don't pop right off?????

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Y2K SE those are a good help thanks for those I am probably gonna get the speakers.....

You should make a post so you can share those with everyone else on the boards thats thinking about doing the installations.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I just checked out www.crutchfield.com and this is what I came up with....

Kenwood-KFC-1738c Are 6 3/4's for $69.95
and
Infinity Kappa's-625.1i 6 3/4's for $99.95

what should I do??????

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kappa's all the way. Crutchfield is running that great deal right now. Don't pass it up if you can afford the speakers. Kappa's are the best. My buddy just got them and they sound amazing.

~MIKE

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gotta agree... Go with the Kappas if you have
the cash. (I don't) the Kenwoods sound nice, but I'm sure the Kappas would sound better.

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alrighty then it looks like I'll be getting the kappa's,,,,I have the money :)

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

1 - 20 of 30 Posts