B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change my spark plugs....can anyone help?? By the way should I change the wires too or are ours cool?

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille

·
Registered
119 Posts
First of all, DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING! The stock ignition system is fantastic. The stock plugs are NGK Platinums and have been proven the best for Nissans. The wires are also fantastic. Some have changed to thicker, lower resistance Magnecores but I think they all mostly did it for the look. If you have any doubts on what I have said about the ignition system check out what has been said on the SE-R.net. The SR20's ignition system is almost bullet proof up to 250+ hp.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited March 09, 2001).]

G

·
Interestingly, Mike K did gain about 3~5 ft. lbs. of torque by switching to the Nology wires with the ignition booster deal. That article is on se-r.net. I think the only argument that could have been made was that the wires the Nology's replaced were old.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (In a UPS truck...again)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck...again)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I wasn't talking about any ignition system, just plugs..........so I'll stay with the plugs we'ves gots!!!! THANKS

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille

G

·
There is a recommendation to go to one heat range cooler on the NGK plugs. Again, that info. can be found on the se-r.net page.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Gen. 2 Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck...again)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Maxx!!! I'll do that I think!!!

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well for that little gain and the money you'll spend on wires alone i'd say stick with stock.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

1 - 7 of 7 Posts