B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to quiet down the exhaust resonance from my new cat-back. It doesn't sound bad from the outside, but driving all day, it gets annoying. What do you guys think of the dynamat or the dynashield spray can. I'm leaning towards the spray for the trunk. I don't want to add alot of weight. But I wonder if it will help much and have any drawbacks. Any opinions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
I'm either considering eDeadv.3 liquid deadener or the second skin liquid deadener myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,852 Posts
IMO wouldn't the spray be heavier than the sheet if you want to have the same quality as the sheets?
 

·
OT Whore
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
no, the liquid is as effective at a lower weight.
 

·
King of OT
Joined
·
5,210 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
no, the liquid is as effective at a lower weight.
Yep. I used the liquid sound deadener from mc master, it's a lot cheaper, but I don't know how it compares since I haven't used the SS or eDEAD before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
pugnex said:
Yep. I used the liquid sound deadener from mc master, it's a lot cheaper, but I don't know how it compares since I haven't used the SS or eDEAD before.
I know for price, SS and edead are ~50 bucks for a 1 gallon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,852 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
no, the liquid is as effective at a lower weight.
OK I didn't know about this, because most liquids are heavier...I guess you use less of this for the same quality as the sheets huh?
 

·
OT Whore
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
I'm not sure that they are even heavier than the mats. *shrug*

I've also used the McMaster Carr liquid deadening (~80 shipped?). All told I put 2.5 gallons into my spec-v, which included the entire trunk, rear deck, driver door. With what I put on the bottom of the trunk the difference in exhaust noise was very large, it went from what was in my mind loud to nearly inaudible. I just wish there was something to get rid of the intake sound from the Nismo which was also absurdly loud in my Spec-V... I hope CarMax enjoyed peeling that stuff off.
 

·
King of OT
Joined
·
5,210 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
I'm not sure that they are even heavier than the mats. *shrug*

I've also used the McMaster Carr liquid deadening (~80 shipped?). All told I put 2.5 gallons into my spec-v, which included the entire trunk, rear deck, driver door. With what I put on the bottom of the trunk the difference in exhaust noise was very large, it went from what was in my mind loud to nearly inaudible. I just wish there was something to get rid of the intake sound from the Nismo which was also absurdly loud in my Spec-V... I hope CarMax enjoyed peeling that stuff off.
Getting rid of the intake sound would probably require having the hood dampened with motor mat and the firewall as well.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top