B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,​
Just finished doing on my driver side door earlier this morning w/Dynamat Xtreme (can't beat 1/2 off retail for it), but I didn't know what to do about the last layer on the inner door panel... I was skimming posts, and saw placenta write about the covering of the large door panel holes not being effective without a piece of aluminum to cover it up. I'm definitely not going that extreme on my install, and was wondering what the general concensus was. Also, are most people doing 2 layers on the inner portion (the backside of the exterior of the car) or just 1? How about for the inside? I'll post pics later on of my progress.​
Thanks for the input!​

·
Registered
631 Posts
tbuh said:
Hey all,​
Just finished doing on my driver side door earlier this morning w/Dynamat Xtreme (can't beat 1/2 off retail for it), but I didn't know what to do about the last layer on the inner door panel... I was skimming posts, and saw placenta write about the covering of the large door panel holes not being effective without a piece of aluminum to cover it up. I'm definitely not going that extreme on my install, and was wondering what the general concensus was. Also, are most people doing 2 layers on the inner portion (the backside of the exterior of the car) or just 1? How about for the inside? I'll post pics later on of my progress.​
Thanks for the input!​

personally, i went a bit crazy with matting. if i were you, ESPECIALLY on the front doors, do the outer skin, the inside of the inner skin, or if you dont want to do the inside of the inner skin, do two layers on the outside of the inner skin. matting becomes ~ 5x more effective with a second layer (trust me...aside from a gentle whine of the tires against the road, and engine noise when i floor it, my car is SILENT...literally)
imo...i wouldnt get dynamat, too much money to do the whole car with it. even half off retail is still expensive compared to the stuff i use (which works VERY well)...i'd say, if you're gonna do it, do it right. do the floorpan, the rear seat pan, the trunk, trunk lid, all 4 doors, firewall, and rear deck (i double layered the trunk lid, i may double layer the trunk again around the direction the subs will be firing at, as well as matting inside the box when i finish it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts