B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, Crutchfield is advising the Sony XS-F1721 speakers as replacement for my SE's rear speakers. My Sentra has the "high-end" stereo, and as much as I know the factory HU is crappy, I don't plan on replacing it now. Are these Sony speakers good? Any other replacement in the $100 range? I am cheap, I know, but please help a fellow Sentra rider...

Thanks!

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Focal and eclipse have a pretty cheap speaker that will fit in the rear deck I believe. They are much better than the sony.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips... I am looking into Kenwood speakers actually...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Infinitis then? Polk? Harman Kardon? I am not an audiophile, I just want to replace my blown speakers...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Guatiao said:
Infinitis then? Polk? Harman Kardon? I am not an audiophile, I just want to replace my blown speakers...
harmon kardon = not for cars, although their home/computer stuff is okay
infinity = depends entirely on which one. their low end is garbage.
polk = same boat, low end is garbage. my polk/momo comps were $400 (MSRP), and they sound amazing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my budget is tight, so crappy low-end speakers is the way to go I guess...

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Look, if you were fine with the sound of the stock speakers and have no plans to upgrade anything - just buy whatever is cheapest that you can listen to on a board. No need to spend anymore than necessary if you don't care about quality :)

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Oh, and waddup to another Radium SE owner. Btw... get rid of the Z-rated!! part of your sig... its fairly lame on a stock 145hp car...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Devlyn, it's not that I care, it's just that I dont' have as much money as I'd like to get the best speakers... I am looking at the dilemma of price vs. quality here...

And yes my car's tires are Z-rated... so? I AM lame...

·
P.I.M.P.
211 Posts
Memphis PR620S, perfect fit for the rear. should be able to get them from a dealer around a $100 a pair

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Yes, but you've obviously not minded the stock speakers quality since you've never replaced them. The stock speakers being very poor quality, 99% of what is out there is ofcourse going to be an improvement over what you already didn't mind. Point being, you have a huge selection to look through and the only thing I'd like to know to suggest anything would be if you wanted to buy them from a large store, a local audio store, or e-bay/online.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I am confused as to what you actually want to do.
Replace the rears? Why?
If you plan on keeping the factory HU then you are throwing your money away.
The ONLY time I would run rears is IF I did not have a sub.
Not much you can do on $100. Maybe a cheap set of components for the front, but no matter what you run up front its not going to sound good untill its amped.
IMO, if you dont plan on spending $6-700 on 4 decent speakers, an amp, and HU OR on a set of components, a sub and amps, then dont waste your money on replacing something like rears when all they are ever going to see is stock HU power.
And regardless, please dont buy anything sony.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Freak, my stock speakers are blown, that's why I need replacements...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts