B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt a big problem, but I started the car one morning and as soon as I turned on the heat I got this annoying clicking sound. It appears that something got sucked up into the vents, it gets very annoying! Oh and I went with my friend to look at cars and she doesnt have a car so I drove her, anyways a guy at this Toyota dealership is trying to tell me Nissan will eventually go out of business, and that they are losing allot of money. Any response to that?

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nissan is going out of business? HAHAHA!!!! that's funny. With their new lineup of cars (new maxima 20th anniversary, 2002 SER, 2003 Z-car, new altima) they're gonna be raking in the bucks. Also, Nissan has a HUGE marketshare in Asia so even a slightly failing US market will be ok. I mean, come on...if a company like Mazda can stay in business, Nissan will have no problems. That Toyota salesman was probably talking out of his butt...just like those salesmen on "Dateline" that said "Oh yeah, these Explorers, they never roll over...the more people you have, the more stable the car gets!!!" hahaha...salemen crack me up.

Note: I'm not bustin on mazda. They make good cars but they don't sell very well. They have NO superstars in their lineup.

------------------
2000 5sp Radium SE w/pp
Stromung catback, Hotshot CAI and header (on order)

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
I mean, come on...if a company like Mazda can stay in business...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That goes for Kia and Hyundai too. :D

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...

M

·
0 Posts
Well.....there is some truth to that story. Until Renault bailed Nissan out, they were doing pretty bad. However, sales are way up, so I think they are in the clear now. With all the new models, I can't see how Nissan would go wrong. I am sure the new Altima will boost overall sales aswell.

Also, Mazda is owned by Ford. They have all the financial backing they need. It is curious that they are still in business though. The Miata is probably the only reason they still exist.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:

Also, Mazda is owned by Ford. They have all the financial backing they need. It is curious that they are still in business though. The Miata is probably the only reason they still exist.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mazda's on the rise too, actually. With the new Protege MP3 coming out soon and the rotary engine rumoured to be coming back in the form of an RX-8, I wouldn't count them out. Also, let's not forget the MPV minivan... which was cool already, but is supposed to get a revamp in the new model year.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am sorry. The Mazda MP3 looks like a cool little car but there is no way it can compete with the new SE-R and the soon to be Civic SI. Not to mention the Subura Impreza WRX and the new Acura Integra replacement. If it wants to stand a chance it will have to be very inexpensive, at least less than the SE-R ($19,000). The Miata is awesome, I don't see that going away anytime soon. The new RX-8, it may be awesome but it won't sell. The sports car market is extremely hard to get into. That is why the Skyline and Supra are not here.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Registered
169 Posts
what killed nissan in the 90's was too much self pride and a lack of innovation. They lost what they were origionaly trying to do. The 4th gen Maxima could have been a superstar, blowing the cammary and accord off the map. Instead they under went sever cost cutting in the development of the model and sales suffered.

With the new altima comming this fall, things will change...

Doc

·
Registered
297 Posts
Guys don't count Maza out, they RX-8 will be coming out late 2002 and they are also going to bring at the same time hooked up versions of the RX-7 TT models. like the SpecA, SpecB, limited touring, etc. Mazda rotary engines, or weinkel engines are amazing. the output they get out of 1.3L is unbeliavable. I will probably get an RX-7 or 8 as my next car, or if Nissan steps it up with the 350Z or the R35 Skyline here in the states then I might stick with nissan forever

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
THe expensive sports car market is gone in the USA. Look at what has happened over the past 5 years. The Supra is gone. The RX-7 is gone. The 300ZX is gone. The 3000GT is gone. There isn't anything left! I think that is why Mazda is marketing the RX-8 with 4 doors. I believe it is the only way they can sell it. It has to have some practical value in addition to being ultra-sporty.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I've never even seen what the RX-8 looks like. Anyone have pics or links?

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Take a look at this page: http://www.roadandtrack.com/RoadAndTrack/Article/feb_march2001/0301_tsunami_mazda_p1.html

The RX8 looks pretty sweet, but I really don't know if it will fare well in the US. I mean, look at how the sports car market is going - down, and fast. No RX7, no 3000GT, no 300ZX. Even BMW seems to be watering out the 3 Series. I just hope that it goes back up pretty soon!

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"
Major Mods:
Broken air conditioner, scratch on passenger B-pillar, dent on left side, rock chips, peeling clearcoat on driver's door...
Other Crap:
Alpine stereo, short-throw shifter, white-faced gauges, exhaust

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
nissan going out of buisness???..... i hope not

better make us some aftermarket products first!!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts