B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of us are secretly pursuing a NOS setup for our Sentra's. I talked to Venom Performance today about their VCN-2000 NOS setup. For those of you that don't know, this is the best NOS system available, second only to the JWT setup.

Now, Venom *IS* working on a setup for our cars. They expect to have the unit available by mid to late summer. The kit is expensive (although I have seen them as low as $1100,) but aside from the JWT kit, it is the ONLY one that provides active, electronic control of the NOS injection.

http://www.venom-performance.com

The kit is a little pricey, but I think it will offer a much greater level of protection than the Zex kit. The Venom kit actually changes how the injectors fire, thereby increasing fuel flow. It also monitors how lean/rich your running by tapping into the oxygen sensor. The computer will shut stop spraying if a lean condition is detected.

The best part is that the system is PROGRAMMABLE for different uses. You can pick what engine RPM and throttle postion you want the NOS to activate at. The only area that isn't addressed is ignition timing.

From what I am reading, it may be nesacary for us SR20DE owners to back off the ignition timing when spraying. 15 degrees of advance may be too much.

If you guys are interested, start calling Venom Performance. If they know that there are interested people, they might make the kit a priority.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Damm Maxx you're right on the ball :) and you know what I'm talking about.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
0 Posts
A little fact for you...

Venom Nitrous - $1100
Pros: Direct bolt-on, instant HP w/o any modification
Cons: Pricey refill for nitrous, go nuts and blow up the engine
Turbo (FMAX) - $3500
Pro: SR20DE setup - 300+whp, last longer than juice, looks much cooler w/ shiny intercooler.
Cons: Pricey kits, lots of TLC..

W/ 100 shots of juice..you gain around 100whp instead power (10 to 1 estimate ratio) but you get nothing once the juice run out. W/ turbo..you gain 100+whp any given time and it'll be pretty safe as long as you don't go boost happy (try to redline everytime).

Guys...save up more money and get turbo instead of bottle

Jeff-

------------------
-00 GSR
MODS? Too much to list! **PROJECT D2**
-90 CRX w/ B16 swap and many goodies **Project Beater**

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Shhhhh don't tell them about my set up lol. J/K. Soon that will be me running 300hp. :)

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on and CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i'm hunting mr nos :) but venom cost to much for my blood!

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE

Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

www.virtualdesk.net
buy my software so i can buy more mods!!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i would love to run a NOS setup.... but it would probably be better to wait for the JWT setup.....

unless Venom offers an ECU with their setup

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
149 Posts
I dunno if it's a good idea but if you don't wanna wait for the kit then you can custom a kit onto your car. One of my friends with an '92 Integra LS is running a Mustang Kit with no problems.

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts