B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally, after about 2 years of ownership have decided that i need a cat back exhaust before i go to college. I've been very pleased with my car with just the Injen Intake (i reccomend it), but i wish it were just a bit louder, the intake helps, but its still not enough. I like the look ans style of the Apexi N1, but they dont make a kit for the spec that im aware of. That would be my first choice, but a close second would be the EVO 2. Third would be a custom set up with a N1 muffler probly.
Any pros/cons of these set ups? Also where can i get the best price on the EVO 2 right now, any special promotions?

Thanks
-Ben

Also a hotshot header will most likely be added soon.

·
Suffering From Boost Envy
725 Posts
I have the evo 2 and Im absolutely in love with it. I have a AEM intake too and the sound from both is real nice. The Evo 2 is not much louder than stock but much deeper. I dont have a header yet but I have heard that its one of the best combos. If the size of the tip worries you forget it because it looks CLEAN on the car. Oh and there is an Apexi kit out for the spec but not sure who sells it. For the Evo 2 talk to Andy from HPAutoworks.com He gives good prices. Come to think of it he most likely has the Apexi too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both of them look good to me, does anyone have any person experience with the N1?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
meh with the greddy u get all stainless steel piping n tip, with apexi you only get the tip, and there isnt a huge price difference... go GREDDY!!!
Yeah the price is about the same.. the Greddy does give you all stainless piping, but the Apex'i piping is powdercoated so it should outlast the car anyway. There are really two things to look at to decide between the two.

1. Sound - I havn't heard the the N1 but its said to have a very similar sound to the WS2 system that I have. Now I know from personal expierience that with like mods the Greddy is louder than the WS2.

2. Looks - the two system have a totally different look.. and a cat-back for the Spec is primarily a "cosmetic" mod.

Pick the one that looks and sounds best to ya. Performance wise they are all pretty much the same.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
how do they have a different look? they both have a huge fart can, n N1 is just about the same sound level as a greddy given the N1 is louder then your WS2, the greddy may be a TAD louder but not noticeable :D jus puttin down my .02

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
oh i kno the main difference, but its not TOTALLY DIFFERENT we're talking fart can vs. fart can.. not fart can vs. dual tip or a nismo style ;)
I guess its a matter of opinion.. those two are totally different in my eyes but I can understand how you wouldnt think so. Either way those pics can help the orriginal poster decide =)

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
from the back u still get
N1:

VS

Greddy: "T Dot's Car"

u showed them at two TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANGLES... :D i stand by the greddy for being sexy

N1 is 485 Greddy is 475!!!! haha just bustin your balls

·
Registered
294 Posts
personally i dont like either... i like the stock appearance, and i'm sure most will agree that stromung is the way to go... but if i were you i'd go Greddy

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
if u got 650 dollars to blow on a stromung sure...... i think the greddy looks awesome and i despise fart cans, i cant stand the bland look of my dual tip on my custom cat-back already... but thats just me...

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Those were the best pics I could find on short notice =P

They are both great systems. And the Greddy is sexy.. I just think the N1 looks a little better.. less obtrusive due to the can being of smaller diameter and the tip being shorter.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
Amplified2000 said:
Those were the best pics I could find on short notice =P

They are both great systems. And the Greddy is sexy.. I just think the N1 looks a little better.. less obtrusive due to the can being of smaller diameter and the tip being shorter.
whats the N1 4"? haha.. for me i love the fact that the greddy hangs low it gives it a unique aggresive look , the N1 has that sexy tilt to it though, its a hard pick but to me 10 dollars less and full SS does it :D lol the pros and cons of N1 And Evo2 by amplified and omsi :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
do not pay more than $500.00 for the Greddy Evo cat-back system. try ordering from a local "tuner" shop before having to pay the cost of shipping for the part. My Evo 1 was purchased at about 470.00 from a shop called enjuku racing in orlando, fl. definitely a good price and the item was there in less than a week.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
MeHCHiNEE said:
do not pay more than $500.00 for the Greddy Evo cat-back system. try ordering from a local "tuner" shop before having to pay the cost of shipping for the part. My Evo 1 was purchased at about 470.00 from a shop called enjuku racing in orlando, fl. definitely a good price and the item was there in less than a week.
y not just order it off hpautoworks.com for 475? **** a local tuner shop

·
Registered
412 Posts
how much is shipping from hpautoworks? $50?

EDIT: i'd rather keep the $50 and save it for something else... an extra $10.00 and you can buy the hondata gasket.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts