B15 Sentra Forum banner

So, I really need to change my shift knob.

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  420chengandrew 
#1 ·
Bought my spec - V used. Aftermarket shift knob because it matches the paint and is oh! So cool.
Anyways looks like the adapter was plastic, and very cheap plastic as it cross-threaded when I tried taking it off. In all fairness: the knob itself actually seems to be quality enough. It's either aluminum or a very light steel.
Any knobs that fit the actual metal shiter? Not sure what to do here. It works, but the knob twists and turns while shifting, witch at some point will be pretty bad for my trans. Don't want to look into a scrap lsd,fwd trans. So can I please get some info on knobs that fit and are quality?

#6 ·
Fell apart in your hand?! That sounds scary as hell!
I have the one that's faulty screwed on and it reads R in the first gear. Works for now but the adapter is stripped and cracked, so that's worrying.
I didn't know the threads were different for models with the lockout, mine has it but it's broken.
Thanks for the advice!

#8 ·
2j V19

2jr V5

Sick speed just one example they have many

VMS on Amazon

They are all same threads as far as I know. I think 06 has reverse lockout. Is your car an 06? If so you have to make sure the say it works with reverse lockout. Mine is 04 so I don't have that problem.

#11 ·
It's an 06, but the previous owner broke the lockout, so I've just sort of got a bushing and a spring floating around on the shifter. Idk where he got the knob, but it's really weird. I'm assuming it's aluminum, but the recess and threads are about 1/4" away from the size of the shifter. Instead of threading it correctly looks like it came with this oversized adapter, but the things made out of some of the most brittle plastic I've ever seen. Dollar store toys are genuinely made from better plastics than this thing. I'd take a picture, but the adapter started falling apart like a mummy being exposed to air after 10k years, so the next time I get it off it isn't going back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.