B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86860

I paid for the kit a few days ago and I want to do some prep work before I get it. So far all I can think of doing is relocating my battery and Installing my S-AFC II. Can anyone think of any other prep work to do?

By the way, I also have waiting the Hondata Gasket, but I think if I install it nowI'll just be wasting m time since I will have to take the manifold apart during the turbo install, I think.

excited.

Tyler

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
get a spare oil pan to tap and just take the old one off....................get new oil, 10w30, and a filter to run for the first 1000 miles....and then after that put on a new filter and new oil............................ummmm.....if you don't have a boost controller get one...............maybe put in some better tranny fluid...i.e. redline MT90 or amsoil 75w90

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, Mike,

I was thinking about the spare oil pan. Anyone know where to get one for a good price. I know I once inquired at my dealership and they wanted some outrageous amount of money.

I switched tanny fluid about 6000 miles ago to the Neo synthetic stuff.

The kit comes with a manual boost controller. The Turbonetics one, But I have no idea
how that one works. I couldn't find info on it.

Oh yeah, should I do a radiator fluid change? I haven't done one yet and I have 45,000 miles.

Tyler

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
www.car-part.com ;) the turbonetics MBCs are good.......I don't think you'll wanna touch it.

for self restraint purposes, don't install it to begin with ;)

if the turbo is water cooled you might want to pick up some water wetter...then when you install it, refill with water wetter and distilled water (disconnecting a water line to splice into for the turbo will make you lose some.)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish it was water cooled, but it's just oil cooled.

I searched for a long time on google and could find nothing on the turbonetics boost controller. I nedd better searching skills!

Thanks again

Tyler

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
oil cooled is fine. Perhaps get a turbo timer and install it?

just make sure you let the car warm up to proper temps before boosting.........and get the water wetter anyways...it's good insurance ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone installed a Turbo Timer before? It seems pretty straight forward. Anything I should know before hand?

Thanks

Tyler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts