B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's kinda funny to me to see all these people mod-ing there cars to go fast and stuff, but don't see too many people in this section talkin about real races. I'm wondering if any of you are from So. Cal. and do real races like AutoX or track racing. I'm in San Diego, so there's a autoX every month @ the Q. I just started so i haven't run yet, but planning to next month. My friend has a 2.5RS and there's like 10 of those there. It would be nice if us Nissan peeps can show those Imprezas that it takes more than AWD to go fast and handle well. Anyhow, how about club racing @ tracks. Like the Street of Willow race track? Is there anything for us there? I mean anthing organized? cuz i-club has connections and therefore discount to those events. I wanna do those but would hope to see more Nissans there too. well, got kinda long, so please post reply. I really wanna know what you guys think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man I wish I was there. I would go every weekend. I was thinking the same thing here on the east coast. I'm going to the eastern members board to invite folks to VIR in July. It can be resonably cheap to drive a road course if you hook up with a car club such as BMW or Porsche (porsche owners will actually pull into the pits before they will been seen being passed by a lowly Nissan). If not a track event at least an auto-x, usually only 20 to 30 bucks. I have been going to track events for 4 years and only 3 Nissans counting mine. Come on, join in and drive or at least show up to watch and give support. Most events have no entry fee for folks coming to watch or help in the pits. Good luck and see you at the track.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's really sad to see all these people fixing up there car to be really fast, and yet, not participate in these kind of events. autoX is hella fun. I've seen it and gonna run the next time i'm there. It's just so impressive to see the Impreza group. In San Diego, there's like 10 of them @ the last event. very nice to see that kind of organization. I just wish there's something like that for the Nissan folks. oh, and the peeps in i-club (impreza forum) are being invited my the porsche club to come for the 2 day track event where they teach you then you can race at the Street of Willow (near LA). 2 days for $160. hella cheap. Hope we can get it organized so we can do something like that too. Gotta show them that Nissan is good in everything, including track and autoX, not just dangerous street racing. hehe, but that's just my 2 cents. good day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Believe or not there are quite a few people on this board that auto-x or drag race (including myself). I'm a member of the SCCA SCR (S. Carolina Region) and I auto-x every chance I get! I do agree with why mod your car if you don't even get to experience the fruits of your labor either spankin' someone at the drag strip or pulling good times at an auto-x event. Just my $0.02.;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
ga16de, how far are you from Eastland Mall? The sccaccr region has a 24 hour auto-x on Sept.1-2. I don't know if this is the same site they used before in Rock Hill but if not I will probably still go. You can kill a lot of tread with 20 to 40 runs or more if you are up to it. Let me know if you are interested in going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not far from N.C. at all, at the most about 2hrs from Charlotte. I may have to check this event out! Hopefully I'll have my Kumho Victoracers and my JWT ecu installed by then, so that may happen! I'll let you know something real soon! Thanks for the info.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually there are a lot of people who race their SE-R's in the So Cal. region. Not so many autocross, but I did take my car down to Qualcom this past February. More of the SE-R crew attend events at tracks such as Buttonwillow or Streets. Check out www.trackracers.org for a schedule of future events in the area. I have run with both Open-Track and Touring Car Club. TCC offers a school for novice drivers that is pretty good. At almost every Open-Track event I have been to, there have been at least 7 or 8 other SE-R pilots. Plus next year NASA (who sponsors Open-Track) is starting a SE-R race series like the Pro-Seven series for 1st Gen RX-7's. So...yes in answer to your question Nissans are well represented in the solo racing events in So. Cal. You should definitely attend one sometime. They are ridiculously fun and the people you meet are awesome.

Colleen

·
Registered
10 Posts
auto x

I'm an i-club member (Impreza club) and I run in STS in at my local auto-x's. The competition is fierce and usually includes about 25 cars. The top 2-3 spots at our events are always shared by the same two guys week after week. They're both very experienced drivers. One is Todd Swensen (member of this club) who drives a Sentra SE. The other is an Impreza RS driver. These guys are amazing behind the wheel. I believe Todd was once a national champion at Topeka in Solo II. They've had a lot of seat time and are impressive to watch. I'm lucky to have guys like this to learn from.

Anyway I've been racing my Impreza (just started this season), but my wife just got a light blue '01 Sentra SE (5spd), so I'm tempted to take it out in E stock sometime and give it a try.

-craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts