B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car seems to not shift as smooth as it did when i first got it about 2 months ago, anyone have any input to as what would cause this? btw i checked the tranny fluid, dont know if that would have an effect on it, and it looked fine

·
Registered
243 Posts
how did you check your gearbox fluid?? theres no dipstick what you just took a peak inside. but yea i know what you mean, my assumption is becuase everything finally broke in and loosened up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ya, just after i bought my 04' brand new, i noticed it shifted really hard for a few months.. after awhile it broke in and is fine now.... btw, i didnt look too carefully but i dont see any reason y the sentra shouldnt have a tranny dipstick....any car ive ever had does.

·
Registered
243 Posts
are you talking about your se-r or spec, casue the spec has a gearbox and the ser has a transmison. the transmision has one the gearbox does not

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rev match when shifting, heel and toe, no powershifting.

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
Cougs said:
Rev match when shifting, heel and toe, no powershifting.

yes keep in mind not to "powershift" lol if you want smoothness.

lol...

that was hilarious cougs

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jaydog3199 said:
my car seems to not shift as smooth as it did when i first got it about 2 months ago, anyone have any input to as what would cause this? btw i checked the tranny fluid, dont know if that would have an effect on it, and it looked fine

You control how smooth it shifts. Its a 5 speed....

·
Registered
647 Posts
btw do u guys have to put a lot of effort to shift to reverse. my spec v has difficutly getting into reverse. THen sometimes i shift into reverse but its not enough n honestly i pull it back but the problem is it sometimes still gets that scraping sound. I dont want to pull back too much so i dont break the bar... any ideas on my problem??

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had mine 2 years and yes, I experience everything you said. The reverse sometimes is hanging between in/out and then the grind!!!!!

Someone I was reading about switched to GM Syncromesh tranny fluid and he swears it absolutely rocks. Give it a try and see.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Reverse are dogteeth gears if i remember...pull back and gently give gas as you release the clutch...the gear teeth will engage and you will be in reverse....try it too quick, and you will get pop out

·
Registered
243 Posts
reverse took a little getting used to. clutch once, problem solved.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
V-spec03 said:
are you talking about your se-r or spec, casue the spec has a gearbox and the ser has a transmison. the transmision has one the gearbox does not
uh, you're wrong. a gearbox is a transmission, and no manual transmission b15 sentra has a transmission dipstick.

·
Registered
243 Posts
mike, the proper punctuation is:

"and no manual transmission b15 sentra has a transmission, dipstick."

·
Registered
59 Posts
If reverse doesn't seem to engage...
1) put it back into N
2) release clutch
3) depress clutch & try again (usually helps)

then rinse and repeat...

·
Registered
243 Posts
NishiSpecV said:
If reverse doesn't seem to engage...
1) put it back into N
2) release clutch
3) depress clutch & try again (usually helps)

then rinse and repeat...
thats what i said :rolleyes:

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
I not only have a new SR20DE-tranny ( Dealer servicing SNAFU ) , but I use Royal Purple....and it's like butta' .

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
chimmike said:
usually the car has to move a little bit if you can't get it in reverse....
Yup! when mine doesn't go I put it in 1st and move it up a hair, then it will go into reverse no problem.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts