1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Looks good bro!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hmmmmm doesn't look that bad at all.....

G

·
DAN!! :D I was wondering when you were gonna be converting to our board. When I heard you bought the 2001 SE on focaljet, I figured it was only a matter of time before you popped up here. It's good to see that you came to your senses and bought another Nissan. :)

Anyways, welcome to the board! It's good to see another familiar face.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE said:
looks good, ive been wanting to smoke the tails. I want to go really dark tho, in terms of legality would i have a problem?
i would have to imagine not. alot of cars run those gts tail light kits and never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. just a thought. you would get in alot less than if you had clear lenses.

G

·
If you read the article Dan posted with that link, he said any hobby shop will carry the stuff. It is used on R/C applications I guess. I have a buddy that did this same mod, and he found the spray tint at the local hobby shop. BTW, you have to be REALLY careful about not getting runs. It is extrememly thin, and will run easily. It would be best to do a couple very light coats.

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
maxximtl If you read the article Dan posted with that link, he said any hobby shop will carry the stuff. It is used on R/C applications I guess. I have a buddy that did this same mod, and he found the spray tint at the local hobby shop. BTW, you have to be REALLY careful about not getting runs. It is extrememly thin, and will run easily. It would be best to do a couple very light coats.

Cool, thanks bro!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE said:
looks good, ive been wanting to smoke the tails. I want to go really dark tho, in terms of legality would i have a problem?
Just to let you in on a tip,,,,if an accident happens on a sunny day and a car rear-ends you they can blame the accident on you for having them smoked to dark....It happened to my friend that had the GTS blackouts on the back and they said they couldn't see his brake lights cause the way the sun was and the cop gave him a ticket for them and the insurance company made him pay for all the damamge....So it might be something to take into consideration on how dark you want to go......

G

·
I wouldn't do it on the headlights. It reduces the amount of light that transfers across the surface. Your lights will get way dimmer.

There is a perforated vinyl product that we can use on the headlights. It only blocks a small percentage of the light, so it is a good choice for headlights. It comes in a variety of different colors, so you can match it to the color of your car. It looks kinda neat I guess.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Now my question would be is how is the durability of this??? Will it look like **** in a month or so?????

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SpIcEz said:
Thats really nice!

Thanks for the tip man.

Now would this look good on the front headlights ??
I would deffinety stay away from putting it on the front lights like maxx said,,,I have regular GTS headlight covers(smoked) ones on my Amigo and let me tell you it's like not even having your headlights on,,,If it wasn't for my Bright *** foglights thos covers would be off in a heartbeat......

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Like any spray on, it'll fade and lose it's shinyness over time. It's inevitable. I had that stuff on my Civic before.

But it looks really nice when it's still new. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts