B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted anything on my car in a while, so figured now was a good time for an update. I just got the new motor fired up the other day and the car sitting back on all four after being on jackstands for about 2.5 months. The old motor had detonation damage that would have cost a pretty penny to fix, so the new heart of the beast is a bluebird det. It's stock internals for now, but has jwt S4 cams. I stripped the motor when I got it and put in new seals, my newer oil pump, and newer water pump. Did a little powder coating as well to dress it up. I have to set the idle and base timing yet, but it starts and idles decently. Running a JWT ecu, STi yellows at 4bar, and z32 maf.

Here's the motor out of the car getting ready to go back in.

Back in the car.

Video of it running. Cams give it a little lope when the idle settles in. Should sound even better once I get the idle set better.

Here's also a couple shots of the suspension under the car and how the wheels sit. I modified the lower a-arms last year to raise the front roll center. As you can see in the picks, the a-arms are still sloped down from the car to the wheel. Most folks sitting this low have a-arms point towards the sky. Ignore the worn out tires :eek:

The wheels are 17x9 +35 with 235/40 tires. The front track is about 1.5" wider than stock due to the a-arm modifications. To get the same look on the stock suspension, you'd need about a +10 wheel (the fenders are rolled and pulled).

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'm also thinking the 275/245 stagger will be cause for some oversteer induced spins :D Just need to get the motor fine tuned, then finish those fenders and get the wheel/tire package.

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Simple on the outside... ;)

Power should be between 1 and 1000whp. I'm thinking in the 320-350whp range, depending on how much 275/40/17 V710s can handle while autocrossing. The taller final gear (put a P11 in there last year) and 7700 rpm rev limit means 68mph in 2nd gear... also fun for autox :D

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
17x9 probably could fit on a stock a-arm car with a rolled front lip and the right offset. You just won't easily find that in 4x114.3. My car's front fenders are quite a bit wider than stock, because I rolled/pulled them to fit 265 rcomps a few years back. The a-arm mods included a custom machined piece, some metal fabrication skills, a welder, and heim joints. I'll dig out the pics and post them.

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Almost, but it will rub right at the end. Note that the SE rack goes farther lock to lock than the spec-v (and therefore has a tighter turning radius in stock form).

·
Registered
612 Posts
dude, this is a way dope build!!!, this is what makes my peter jump on this forum!!!.......sure you dont want to hellaslam it, or hellasink the wheels tho with neon orange paint?? :D hahahah, jk man, sick build though!!

·
Banned
62 Posts
Yo........

So does this means dat u will have a better handle of ur car when u go round curves, makin turns, or just doin a straight drive? I look on this other site called Nitto Tires: News, da dude name is Mike Kojima. I went on http://www.nittotire.com/blog_details.asp?id=15 page and i read up on that stuff. So tell me how did it work out because that dude said if u are just racin' it would be a great product to use, but is it great for racin' and just ridin' on the street? I just might get my fam' to help make dat part for me too. Plus i went to B15AZN page and he had a friend on there to tell about dat part.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts