B15 Sentra Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
adc100 said:
Agreed..I just don't like them. The front end looks like a snowplow. But style and style preferences are a relative thing. I like the color and for some reason this car looks a lot better than those I say live at the dealers.

But for me I would have bought a TSX (except I don't likej the 2009's). Plowing this much money into a Nissan with the QR just isn't me. I'll take the Honda 200HP 2.4 all day long for more than adequate power (for me). I'll also take the Honda reliability.

But if this car is you...great. Fack it..I just can't identify with a friggin car anymore..that's the bottom line. I'd drive a breadtruck around if it was durable and got good mileage. :D More places to spend my money on. :D:

I am growing up too..

cars that still look like cars to me are bmw's.. i have never been a fan of boxxy. especially in little cars.. it mazda revamped the miata and made it boxier.. they would lose revenue too.

·
Registered
287 Posts
turned a b16 into an si civic lol... your going towards the new civic si look...not bad just what it reminds me of...i dont get the new sentra look it will never catch on dont understand what nissan was thinkin but looks good man

·
Registered
174 Posts
Needs a colour-matched mesh grille, and black housing headlights. Other than that, best looking B16 I've seen yet. Keep up the good work!

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
yes and yes! id love a company or another owner to figure out how to make a mesh grill. Id love a black mesh up front, itd offset the car perfectly with blackout housing headlights + projectors :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks nice. Looks like a baby Alty

·
Educator & Anime guru
775 Posts
stockbabyskylin said:
Looks nice. Looks like a baby Alty
with a tumor. :p

·
Educator & Anime guru
775 Posts
2KBlackSE said:
the turbo sticking off the manifold is now a tumor? COOL!
When you have to manualy prop the hood open during normal operation due to poor cooling, might as well be.

Actually, the tumor aspect is the bulbus roofline.

·
lipped n' dipped
704 Posts
best lookin b16
i'd lose the hoodspacers if its not completely necessary, and whatever you do, dont TINT the headlights....even the overlays look tacky

wait for some black housing replacements, or if you're adventurous do it yourself
ive seen a lot of do it yourself black housings (not sentras) and they came out really nice

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
im not that brave and i decided to NOT go with the overlays, like u said, looks kinda tacky. Ill just be patient. Each time a part comes out, I buy it. So now the waiting game for suspension parts and brakes. Until then, the car is staying how it is cuz there is nothing left for me to do except internals.

·
Registered
318 Posts
2KBlackSE said:
im not that brave and i decided to NOT go with the overlays, like u said, looks kinda tacky. Ill just be patient. Each time a part comes out, I buy it. So now the waiting game for suspension parts and brakes. Until then, the car is staying how it is cuz there is nothing left for me to do except internals.
Sounds like me when I had my SpecV, waiting for parts and buying what I felt was best once it was available.

I like how your car is looking and coming along. Would love to see the underhood/engine bay in some pics.

I'm not a fan of the B16, I drove a few before deciding to just get my Frontier (07 CrewCab). But I did like the 200hp stock QR25 and the shifter location (reminded me of the '02-03 Civic Si, which I also liked how the shifter was). Not a bad car, but compared to what else is out there, it's too tall and too heavy. And then compared to a B15, there's no competition, I'd take my 145hp SR20 over the 300lbs of added weight, van-like roofline, etc just for 35 more hp. And especially comparing to the B15 SpecV, this car doesn't have 'it'.

I could overlook the cons of the B16 if Nissan would just get a f'ing clue and give the Sentra a independent rear suspension!

Either way, your car looks good, keep it looking clean and simple, and you'll keep having my respect.

Later,

Jay

61 - 76 of 76 Posts