B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok let me know what you guys think....I got the smoke colored lenses to match my black exterior better

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey Gene looking good! Just wondering if you will put a write up on this? I would really like to do this but am pretty scared about cutting the fender up. How much were they again?

G

·
Looks good. Judging by the reflection, it looks like you need to work on your tan a bit there Gene! :D j/k.

Did you drill the hole yourself?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What exactly did you use to make the hole in the fender? I'm assuming it was the dremel, but what bit? I am thinking about doing this b.c I really like the effect.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
dont use a dremel.... there is a special bit that you use..... it kinda hard to explain.... it like this

-
- -
- -
- -
- -
I

you use the top.... each level is a specific size.... just drill step by step until you have reach the desired opening..... its a real clean cut..... if you have 20 bucks to spare.... you can have the hole drilled for you at a local body shop

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gene man...Looks tight! You definatly have to do a write up soon!

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Those are cooler lookin than mine. =( Mine are longer..but I can't complain,I've had them for some time now.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maxximtl said:
Looks good. Judging by the reflection, it looks like you need to work on your tan a bit there Gene! :D j/k.

Did you drill the hole yourself?
HEHEHE I'm from the north man all we get is a Snow tan :D

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
daavikes said:
Hey Gene looking good! Just wondering if you will put a write up on this? I would really like to do this but am pretty scared about cutting the fender up. How much were they again?
I have the basic install instructions on my site you can get them from there...

They cost me about $13 bucks plus shipping

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Lookin good man! Yeah, mine are faced the other way like 858's but you can't really see it cuz I don't have close up pics yet (I got a small photo album now :D). Let's see some far away shots of your sidemarkers, Gene. I wanted to see how high you placed them. Can't really tell from the pics.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SDsr20de858 said:
....-....
...-.-...
..-...-..
.-.....-.
-.......-
....I....

can you see it??...... the periods are just fillers so it would come out right..... hope this helps
I actually didn't use that bit nor did I use a dremel....I drilled a pilot hole and then I used a drill bit that they use to make holes in doors,,,,
I used a bit called a metal-cutting hole saw...It works alot better...Here's a link to what one looks like so you can get a general idea what to look for..
http://www.truevalue.com/products.c...&category=2855&subcategory=2880&prodref=14168

But trust me this is probably the most simple thing you can do,,,,the main important thing is to get it where you want it to be,,,I strongley suggest that you measure and re-measure again to make sure it's aligned properly,,,and have a friend hold it in place and take a few steps back and check it out visually before you start to drill,,,cause remember once you start it you can't stop....:)

[Edited by Sentra Styling on 05-22-2001 at 10:43 AM]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts