B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok have a set of sidemarkers that I am going to be installing really soon,,,,so I am asking can someone who has them installed give me a measurment on where to mount it?????give me a measurment down from that line that runs throught the side of the car and then a measurment from the side marker to the wheel well.....Thanks in advanced...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey Gene, where did you get your markers from and what style,how much, and what maker? Sorry for all the questions ,but its something I am considering if its relatively inexpensive. Gotta save for the turbo.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ended up getting the smoke colored ones like the one in the picture below,,,,and I paid around $13 bucks for the pair,,,and I got them at that place that's also on the picture:)

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Here's mine

If you're looking at the right side of the car:

From the bottom of the side sill (perf package), it's about 18 1/8 inches up. Then using that, it's about 4 1/8 inches to the right of where the edge of the fender meets the door. That's the DEAD CENTER of where my sidemarker sits.

I used my dad's tape measure. Give or take 1/8 of an inch for human error. Hope I've been of some help.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Here's mine

SR20DE 2K said:
If you're looking at the right side of the car:

From the bottom of the side sill (perf package), it's about 18 1/8 inches up. Then using that, it's about 4 1/8 inches to the right of where the edge of the fender meets the door. That's the DEAD CENTER of where my sidemarker sits.

I used my dad's tape measure. Give or take 1/8 of an inch for human error. Hope I've been of some help.
cool thanks alot bro.....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want to make sure I get them in a good position that look good.....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
hey SS when you get those on let us have a look and how hard they were to install. One more question, do you know if you have to cut a hole in the body, or do they just screw on and drill a hole for the wires?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to cut a hole in the body for the cylinder that holds thlight bulb to fit in and then it gets screwed in with a self tapping screw....

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
hey ss and DarK_SiDe

have any problems keeping the lenses on your sidemarkers? mine seem to leave at about 75-80 mph.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DarKsiDe_SE said:
Lee said:
hey ss and DarK_SiDe

have any problems keeping the lenses on your sidemarkers? mine seem to leave at about 75-80 mph.
not yet. Im not worried about considering what a PIA it getting them in.
Josh you have the same sorta type markers,,,correct???

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sentra Stylin

Was the whole round or was it rectangular ?

I have a set of side markers, but Im a wuss, and didint dare make the wholes in my fender myself. Mainly cause it would have to be rectangular and not round , which is easier with the right bit.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait lets get this straight guys I don't have them installed yet I've had them laying around for about a month and I'm gonna install them this weekend hopefully if the weather holds out......But from what I can see from the instructions you drill a small hole where the shaft(is what I'm calling it)goes and then you slide the marker into that hole and use the self tapping screw they provided and drill it into the car.....But before I'm gonna treat the exposed areas that I drilled and screwed into with some paint,for protection....It's gonna be a really install,,,I could do it with my eyes shut.....:D

Well that might be a bit hard:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts