B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ended up buying the euro clear tinted blue sidemarkers. Ive got my positive and negative wires, but my question is how do i tap the into my turn signals? I know its really simple but please splain in lamens terms please, i dont know WTF im doing.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
do it the same way they said to hook up the fog light in the tech articles.... tap the turn lamp wire instead.... you want them to flash like a turn signal right? or tap the parking light if you want it to stay on without flashing.

where did you put it? on the bumper or the fender? whered you get the marker? how much? does the install look clean? all nice and flush?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
is the bulb dual filament?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
is it one power wire and a ground? if so its single... two power wires and a ground.... dual.

Look inside the bulb... you can tell if there are two lights or one.

if its single.... you have to choose.... you want it to stay on... no blink or blink but not stay on...... if you need help installing it... let me know.. i'll be glad to help.

If you have ever seen my old ride glowing green at the runs.... i wired all that.. with toggles and all

------------------

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Darkside... those are pretty tite man. Here's the thing. If you want them to stay on AND blink with your signals, then it could still be done with the single filament bulbs. Only thing is that your blinkers are going to alternate with your signals. You'll get the same effect that the gen3 Integras have.

Tap the positive of your sidemarkers to your parking lights. Then tap the negative of your sidemarkers to your signal wires.

I know I know, sounds weird, but it works. Had it on my '95 Civic... and have it now on my '00 SE. Nobody seems to know about this, but I'll share w/ my Sentra peeps.
Anyways, be careful when you do this, and make sure you tap the right wires or you might blow a fuse. Anyways, hope this helps. Happy wiring!

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited February 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
really?? but i thought because there is only one light setting that it wouldnt work... or does the flasher send a different voltage that makes it brighter?

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
hey DarkSide are those the type that are set into the fender or do they just sit on top????

if they do get set into the fender how are you going to do this?? body shop or yourself?
those are some clean looking lights....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ah... i see...... sounds good.... i'll do that for my side markers when i get them

------------------

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
858... cool. Just let me know if ya got any problems.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
will do...thanks for the info

------------------

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn this is gonna be a gayass question but....how do i tap into them, do i need some type of fitting that will split the wires in 2 directions. Second gayass question...Which is the positive and which is the negative, from what i can tell there are 3 wires to the turn signals and i cant tell them apart.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited February 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
this is going to be hard to explain on this ish!!!

lets see.....

first how do you wanna rig it?

blink only?
stay on only?
blink and stay on?

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
according to SR20DE Y2K.... wire the positive to the orange/red wire from the corner lamp and the negative(ground) to the green/yellow wire

Orange/red = parking lamp
green/yellow = turn signal

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
a blade works fine... just dont cut yourself

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Darkside go to your local automotive store and you can find these little blue splicer things that you put the two wires in a press down on this little metal tab and it connects the two wires,,,they are called quick-splice & tap connectors...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts