B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
flame if you must..but if im not mistaken there are different SS shifter set ups, like either inside the car or setup under the hood..if im correct which im prob not :p is it possible to do both?

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
Get the nismo (mossy) short shifter...

·
Registered
516 Posts
uh oh! the faq isn't doin it's job! :)

i have the twm and it is grrrreat! the install is easy (an under-the-hood install) and i enjoy every shift i make. the only thing i'd say is i haven't tried the other ones, so get a wide variety of opinions. also, i think there was a thread where someone actually tried the twm and either the mossy or the b & m at the same time. keep searching and you'll find out.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Ok here's my input.

I've had the luxury of driving 3 different cars with all three type of SS. Here's a summary of my impressions abuot each:

TWM (short throw adapter, stock shifter is left intact) - I have nothing bad to say about this shifter. The installation was a snap(15 min tops!). The only problem I have about it is the fact that the shifts feel somewhat similar to the stock shifter, that is a little vague. It still has a 'sloppy' feeling when shifting throuhg gears.

Nissan Motorsports/Stillen/Fast shift/Mossy (short throw adapter, stock shifter is left intact) - This is the shifter I currently have installed on my car. It made the overall feeling of shifting gears completely better. My shifter was once vague and sloppy and now is precise and crisp. It clicks into each gear now and I feel more confident slamming it into each gear. Installation was a snap also. It takes 30-45min tops. The bad side is some rubbing. I haven't had any problems personally with the shifter but there are other's out there that have had a few rubbing issues. At first its difficult to shift because everything is stiffer, but you get used to it and it gets easier.

B&M (completely replaces entire shift assembly) - I had this shifter installed on my car first. I've had many problems with it, but then again I had the first version. I liked how short the throws were and how everything felt. The vaugeness and sloppiness that was felt with the stock shifter was gone after the installation. The shifts felt smooth. The problems I've had were the 'L' bracket rubbing on my shift boot when I shifted into reverse and the shifter bending the shift cables. The B&M V2 promises that it fixed all of the problems, but after my encounter and experience I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless someone with a V2 shifter could give thier first hand experience. The installation was very long with this. The first time I did it it too me about 1.5hrs, but if I had to do it again I could probably do it in 45min since I know what I'm doing now.

To sum it all up:

In order of ease of installation-
TWM > Nissan/Mossy > B&M

In order of feeling:
Nissan/Mossy > B&M > TWM

These are just my opinions to don't flame me guys. ;) :D

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
i have the SE but the b&mv2 and i cant complain. install took about an hour with no problems... yeah its stiff at first, and still is after about 3 months but i love the stiffness. I replaced the bushings as well with energy suspension and that took out the "sloppy" feeling. BAD PART about b&m is that there is no centerweight on the shifter (or so it seems). For example... when u put the car in neutral it wiggles a little bit but u know its in neutral... with the b&m in neutral it wiggles to the point of going all the way left and right and if u push all the way over it can stay there instead of coming back to the center... i dont think the install went wrong so yeah. I recommend the b&m.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts