B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I ordered a B&M short shifter a few weeks ago for my 2002 XE sentra, but it didn't fit because it seems that canadian tranny in qg18de sentra is not the same that the american one (I had to return the SS back... :( ). What should I do? Is there any other short shifter available for me in Canada???

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
im pretty sure its the same...... i live in canada and have a QG18 tranny and i have the B&M SS installed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to my mechanic, fittings were not the same under the car...so I returned the SS back. :(

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Maybe he just didn't know how to install it???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isn't bolt-on??? like you just have to remove the OEM shifter and put the SS in place?? Sorry for my ignorance :eek:

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
bassman said:
isn't bolt-on??? like you just have to remove the OEM shifter and put the SS in place?? Sorry for my ignorance :eek:
Yep, it would be a pretty cake install with a lift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, last question then; Is quality of PaceSetter, B&M, OBX SS similar???

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
WAs the ss you got basically a long rod with a ball in the middle. If so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit. Most Nissan shift rod trannies are all the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok , then, let's suppose that it was an unqualified mechanic...anyways, i'll try with a PaceSetter and will cross my fingers!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts