B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few people posting on this board from canada and getting short antenna's from Canada tire or something...how about us folks in America? I really like the antenna's on the Volkswagen golf's or Cabrio if ya knew what i'm talking about, short but effective.

------------------

·
Registered
149 Posts
Up here in Canada were pretty lucky with Canadian Tire, they are everywhere and carry lots of stuff, plus the 2001 catalog is FILLED with Performance parts, from B & M, Stillen, K & N, etc...

I bet I could get that stillen front spoiler and B & M short shifter from Canadian Tire.

Anyways, I would suggest, just check out your local Pep Boys, or Auto Zone they might just have a range of antenna's just like that one I got. It was cheap 13$ plus it had about 5 different types of screws to fit most cars.

Also, Sentra Stylin suggested the Trenz Billet Aluminum ones, they where pretty nice. I might just order one some day, but I just REALLY needed to change that antenna FAST its just the damn ugliest thing on the road :)

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE w/pp 5spd

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers (soon)
Front Mud Flaps
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
I know that Radio shack has them for like 5 bucks

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Focuz Tanabe Racing Medallion Replica exhaust, HID Hyperwhite bulbs All Round With Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, JVC 10's w/ Kenwood Amp and 2 1/2" Dome Tweets...( Stillen front lip Spoiler on the way)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude... make your own... I bought an aftermarket antenna for $5.00 and cut it down to the base. looks like I have an antenna from a cellular phone... looks alright.. reception did diminish but that's what cd players are for....

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea do a board search. The stock for the Radio Shack is in there. I looked at it though and it looks like hsit.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I bought the radio shack one also and I personaly think it looks like crap,,,thats why I went with a billet aluminum antenna looks alot better......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
297 Posts
Where can I order the Trenz billet aluminum antenna from?

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here are some pics that I took a while back of the Radio Shack antenna on my car (sorry, I don't have the part number, but it's in the forums numerous places).

Radio Shack Antenna Pics

I'll admit that it's not the greatest looking solution to our problem of a crappy looking antenna, but it's only five dollars and a hell of a lot better than stock.

Personally, I think that it looks pretty damned good, and I'm not really a fan of billet aluminum accessories and whip-like antennas, but to each his own...

------------------
: 2000 SE : RADIUM : AUTO : PP :

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I got mine thru www.stylingcompacts.com
You click on exterior styling and then antenna's and there ya go...
They look alot better than the Radio Shack ones do and they are only 18 inches verses the stock whip....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
ProjektA8: looks a lot better than in the store. Maybe I'll rethink.

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah Projekt's pics of the RS antennae definitely sold me on getting one myself. I think it looks pretty good on my black car. Only complaint I really have is when driving it bends in the wind. I was actually thinking of possibly inserting a piece of hanger or something to make it stay up straight. Reception isn't all that bad either.

------------------
2001 Blackout SE w/ PP, sunroof, debadged, Stromung exhaust, more to come...

M

·
0 Posts
I've got the Radio shack one too. Shoot, for 5 bucks, it was one of the most cost effective mods I have done.

It does start to bend over 70MPH though. Past 100, its almost horizontal. :D

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-Place Racing CAI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts