B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any trick to removing the shift knob, or do you just turn it really hard until it comes loose? I don't want to **** **** up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
take the shifter out of the car, wrap the knob with a towel, drive over the knob with the front tire of a car, stick a screwdriver into the hole at the base of the shifter for leverage and unscrew the shifter rod from the knob... I re used my stock knob on my SMC short shifter with no problems

·
Registered
446 Posts
would you care to elaborate on the install of the shifter bushings? Were they benefits noticeable? I'm definately thinking about purchasing some along with my short shifter.

-iLL

·
Registered
10 Posts
are u guys for reals? its that hard jsut to change the shift knob?...could someone email me liek step by step sometime?aight thanks...

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
From my readings, I guess the shift knob is on REALLY tight. That's the difficulty.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
the shift knob is on very tight. might as well be a chasity belt. thanks to a rotozip, i just cut off. (just the knob, not part of the shifter!)

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Good luck. i ended up cutting the leather knob down the stitches on one side to get it off. It's tight like a nun's well, you know. Then I cut 2 1/2" off the shift lever. 'SMC' my butt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts