B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: SES Light: P0455 and P1448 With **PICS**

Ok, recently I have had a number of issues with my 2000 Sentra GXE. About a month ago the SES light came on for the first time and I took it to the dealer for a recall peice. I had the car's codes checked out at autozone and it was running too lean. Had the MAF replaced and all was good for 2 weeks. Now I get the p0455 and p1448 error codes. I have read the service manual and checked the obivious things like fuel cap(even bought another) and it still hasn't helped. What is wierd is that it'll go away briefly after a day or so. What i am wondering is is the evap system pressurized?? So if I take off the evap canister valve can i damage the evap system? If anyone has any experience with the evap system any pointers would help me out. Thanks.

Updated: I started looking in my engine bay and found a loose hose. I've check the service manual but I can find in the manual or see with my eyes where it needs attached. I have attached pics if anyone can help me out, thanks.

·
Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
That's your tranny breather hose.....
that's not causing your codes.....

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
RACEFACE said:
Isn't that hose the tranny breather tube?
Don't worry about it, that end is supposed to be open like that.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
P0455 - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (no purge flow or large leak)

With a p0455, the most common repair is to:
* Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the codes, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
* Otherwise, replace the gas cap, and/or
* Inspect the EVAP system for cuts/holes in tubes/hoses (you may hear a vacuum noise or smell fuel), repair if necessary

--------------------------------------------------------------
P1448 - Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve Range/Performance

?????

--------------------------------------------------------------

Might want to also PM 2002XE, he had similar error codes and got to the root of the problem with some help from a mechanic (see http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80888&highlight=P1448)

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Yeah that tube is completely normal, it's the tranny breather.

And it's kinda suprising from Nissan it don't go back into the intake like all the other anti-pollution thing that goes back in there on our cars :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
what did you do to fix the problem? I also have the P0455 and P1448 codes being thrown.. as well as P0720

·
Registered
804 Posts
OK troops....................

P0455: Gross EVAP system leak
P1448: EVAP vent valve failure
P0720: Output shaft speed sensor circuit

0455 and 1448 are EVAP codes indicating that you have a vacuum leak, most likely due to the purge vent valve sticking open, these are common problems on these cars..............

0720 is speedometer/cruise control related issue..............

Enjoy! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts