B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spec-V Specialist
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the code I got is--0455-- EVAP GROSS LEAK....................................

So does this mean I have a leak somewhere with the CAI?
 

·
Boost Addict
Joined
·
3,414 Posts
dydigital said:
Ok the code I got is--0455-- EVAP GROSS LEAK....................................

So does this mean I have a leak somewhere with the CAI?

its a code for the evaporator purge control valve. it means the valve may have got stuck or malfunctioned. I got this code a few times after adjusting my safc-2. I would just reset the code. if it turns back on with in a day or two the valve is not working right. its part of the emisions system just in case you were wondering.

reset procedure.
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76692
 

·
Fogey
Joined
·
4,298 Posts
Its usually the gas cap isn't tight enough. Tighten it up the light will go off in like 100 miles.
 

·
Spec-V Specialist
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cortrim1 said:
its a code for the evaporator purge control valve. it means the valve may have got stuck or malfunctioned. I got this code a few times after adjusting my safc-2. I would just reset the code. if it turns back on with in a day or two the valve is not working right. its part of the emisions system just in case you were wondering.

reset procedure.
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76692
So could this make the car idle higher? Also could the stealership blame my intake for this? If so, I will take off the CAI b4 going to the stealership if the light comes back on. I reset it for now, I hoping it don't back on. But my car still is idling high, at about 1000-1100 rpm.
 

·
Spec-V Specialist
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
david said:
Its usually the gas cap isn't tight enough. Tighten it up the light will go off in like 100 miles.

I forgot about this to. Humm, it might be this cuz I remember filling gas an hr b4 the light coming on. I will check it out.
 

·
Spec-V Specialist
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ses light turned out being the gas cap but my car is still idling funny. This is pissing me off.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top