B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or anyone else that would know. A quick question about the Stillen front spoiler. It's polyurethane, right? Is there any place on the underside of each piece to drill? I don't really trust 3M tape to hold that puppy down. I'm looking to drill and use speednuts or something. Anyone have any better suggestions?

I'm supposed to get mine by this weekend. Can't wait to get that thing on! Thanks in advance.
------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
yes they are polyurethane and what i did to install them is i went to Pep Boys and picked-up a tube of windsheild adhesive and used that to hold them on..you can also go to a marine shop and pick up some sort of marine adhesive also incase you don't have a pep boys in your area....

One key thing is that you have to let the adhesive set up over night so do it on a day your gonna just kick back a chill

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
almost forgot make sure you post pics when you have them on so other can see what the jade looks like

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
605 Posts
yea post a pic when you have it up. I have a jade 01, and am probably going to get in another year (unemployed student). That would be great.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the shop that installed mine used the 3M tape on the exposed sides, and used screws in the fenderwell area... no problems so far...just have to remember not too pull up too close to the curb or too close to those cement parking space blocks because of the reduced ground clearance

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkwing105:
the shop that installed mine used the 3M tape on the exposed sides, and used screws in the fenderwell area... no problems so far...just have to remember not too pull up too close to the curb or too close to those cement parking space blocks because of the reduced ground clearance

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I will agree with that on the curbs they will rub so park away from those curb stones

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Styling and Darkwing. I appreciate your suggestions. Sure, I'll get some pics up when I get that thing put on. I'm still using "film" camera though, so it might take a lil longer. Then maybe you guys could see all the rest of my ricey mods.

Styling, you used windshield adhesive. Does that make the spoiler permanently mounted? Because I'm wondering if I'm ever going to take it off. I might just go with what Darkwing did for now...

How much ground clearance did you guys lose? I have the Eibach Prokit on my car too... and the steepest driveway in the world. Kinda worried about clearance.

Anyways when the pics go up, they'll be of a Granite SE. Jae's my name, not the color of my car. You guys must have thought my ride was "Jade" color. Sorry for the confusion. Oh well catch ya'll on the boards.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
yes the windsheild adhesive will permanetly hold it on.....
3M tape is good but it does have it's downsides for instance it gets very flexible under heat,,,and don't forget that these things are gonna take some serious amounts of air so i'd think of the long run,,,which is what I did

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts