B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than different body styles what exactly was the reason for changing the 91-94 Sentra to a 200sx and then back to a Sentra again? Was it just because they changed the body style or what?

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
This is how I have heard it.
From 91-94 the SER was high powered for its class and they had 2 and 4 door Sentras. By the mid-nineties other manufacturers had higher hp so they re-released the 200sx with sportier lines and dropped the SER off the Sentras. Remember that Nissan was having financial issues around this time so streamlining the lines was a must. They kinda messed up on following the market though and since getting bought, increased revenues and market trends with SUVs taking focus off milage they have a redesigned 2.5L SER worthly of the badge in todays marketplace. Let's not speculate about B16 and the next to come but with Z re-release and Renault capital a 2 door is more possible now then ever IMHO.

·
Registered
831 Posts
2.5L worthy of the badge......hmmmm
sound like you might be tryin to start the old SE vs. SPEC wars : Whos the real SE-R LOL

Anyway, I do agree I think Nissan did try an keep up with a few other makers by giving the public a sportier car, but i wouldnt count on the new B16 being that great. I just dont feel Renault will design that good looking of a sentra. They need to bring back the 91-94 flavor ;)

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
NatlCitySentra said:
Other than different body styles what exactly was the reason for changing the 91-94 Sentra to a 200sx and then back to a Sentra again? Was it just because they changed the body style or what?
Sentras were all through the 90's.

Are you talking about sr20 powered cars? If so then yes from 91-94 there was the Sentra SE-R as well as from 91-93 the NX2000. Then in 95-98 the sr20 only came in the 200sx SE-R. The Sentra SE also came with a sr20 in 98-99.

I gues it depends on what your question is. If you are asking what Nissan's sporty sport compact was during those years then my above explanation will answer your question.

·
SR20 is the Way
826 Posts
Essentially the 200sx is a two door B14 Sentra... It is built on the B14 chassis. The NX and classic (91-94) SE-R are both B13 Chassis. It was merely the next progression, the simply chose to call it a 200sx rather than a sentra coupe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts