B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just bought a 2001 sentra SE with the P/P. When I arm the alarm and lock the doors with the clicker, the little red light on the dashboard goes solid red. I opened the car with the key without disarming the system and the alarm didnt sound and the little light started blinking like when the system is disarmed. If I press the panic button, the alarm sounds. I have tried rocking the car with the alarm armed, and leaving a window open after arming it and opening the door, but it seems nothing will make the alarm sound. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well, 1st, Welcome to the board man!! You'll find a lot of info. Don't hesitate to use the SEARCH function....

You should try to read the owner"s manual, the little booklet that reside in the glove box and that nobody reads....

You may find your own answer there!:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also armed the system while inside the car, then unlocked the drivers door manually and opened it, but the alarm didnt sound, and the little light just started flashing again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt get the users manual. I plan on going to nissan tomorrow and ask for one, but in the meantime it would be nice if you could explain it to me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe that its not armed yet when its solid red. Wait about 30sec and it should start blinking......then try entering. My gf armed the car but left the windows down. She unlock it with her hand and opened the door....the alarm went off.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If you use the key to manualy unlock the door it also disarms it. I would suggest sitting in your car, arm it and wait for 30 sec. till the light starts to blink, then slide the lock over and open the door. I did this and the alarm sure did work, pretty loud too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yah, or do like me and mistakenly push the "panic" button...damn thing almost gave me a heart attack. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts