B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about the mechanical relationship between these two cars.

Seems like a lot of SpecVs are having problems with engines and trannys, etc. I understand that people with Specs will tend to drive them harder than the regular commuter Sentras.

Do these cars have the same tranny? Is the standard GXE mechanicaly more reliable than the spec since it doesnt have any of the performance attire?

Bryan

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Why would it have the same transmission.. does it seem that a 5 speed and a 6 speed are the same thing? Cmon man, you're smarter than that.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Whoa....you almost got whopped in the head by Homey's sock...:D

You have the B15 bodystyle , close to being the same , minus the front bumper . 2 entirely different engines ........aw fug it , I'll let chimmike explain it to you . :D

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Whoa....you almost got whopped in the head by Homey's sock...:D

You have the B15 bodystyle , close to being the same , minus the front bumper . 2 entirely different engines ........aw fug it , I'll let chimmike explain it to you . :D
Dude.. bode.. we should make an O'doyl'es club on b15sentra.. so far.. we got me, you, and chimmike ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
What? I thought the only difference is the badging.... :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually it is a good question. I am not very familiar with Sentras. Thats the reason I am on this forum. I am not the type of guy to pimp out my car with all the aftermarket crap that ends up being worth more than the car. I used to own a Jeep and I've frequented those forums and have been all through the same type of things over there. The Sentra is an entirely new beast to me. With rising fuel prices, I was looking for a reliable daily driver that I could could drive for a while. If I knew the damn answer I wouldnt have asked the question. I know a lot of buddies who have Sentras and they all are mechanically in good shape. However, they are all b14s or older. The SpecV is a new car, and from what I see here has alot of mechanical problems. I am aware of the displacement differences and tranny differences between the Spec and the GXE. The source of my question was to see if these Spec problems are something I could expect or if I would get the same reliability from by b15 as my buddies have gotten from thier older Sentras. That is all.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.