B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess 100 hours of extra hours at work pays off. it was enough to get a new set of tires for the spec. choices were limited to either a new set of azenis, or a set of advan neovas. since the neovas havnt been released here in the states yet and i dont feel like spending 900 bucks, i got another set of azenis for $600. (i actually ***** discount tire for a dollar. see the story here: http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91140)

evidently i had worn my tread down a little further than i thought, but still not bad for 35k miles worth

also notice that the old tread is fairly feathered on the inside edge. this is a direct result of not getting an alignment after i installed my new springs.

looks much better now eh??

i also sprung to get my last wheel unbent since i cannot find another traffik ANYWHERE, and got a full alignment which showed the massive amount of unacceptable toe setting

sen is much happier now, as am i, for it seems there is NO road noise in my car as compared to before...besides the obvious amount of stickyness that is once again present.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Looking good, gonna need a new set of Azenis here soon too. I've only got 20k on mine though. Too many e-brake turns :(

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
nice tires... :)

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TeknoPunk said:
nice tires... :)
yes, yes they are. and i will settle for no less!!!

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
maybe i haven't read enough about deals or how things work with discount tire, but why in the heck did it cost $600 in the first place? you can get Azenis in 225/45/17 shipped for ~$480 (see: www.edgeracing.com )and mounted and balanced locally for what ~$40? that's like $520 tops maybe. any place that mounts/balanced tires will take your old tires away, its what they do.

correct me if i'm talking out of my ***.

edit: btw, looks nice. that alignment should help the wear now. i'm planning on going the same route once i get lowered and some 5zigen Fn01r-c :)

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OkToBeR said:
maybe i haven't read enough about deals or how things work with discount tire, but why in the heck did it cost $600 in the first place? you can get Azenis in 225/45/17 shipped for ~$480 and mounted and balanced locally for what ~$40? that's like $520 tops maybe. any place that mounts/balanced tires will take your old tires away, its what they do.
the tires arent that bad on price. i get mine with road hazard replacement gaurantees and lifetime rotation and balancing, valve stems, disposal, (because im not buying new wheels also), etc. etc. (also, turn around time. i ordered on monday and had everything done on wensday. if i shipped 2nd day from edge racing it'd cost me another 150 before i even got the mounting done....)

i could just take them to the mexicans down the street and have them done for 2 bucks apiece...but, well...quality costs money. and personally id rather have my life riding on the extra cash spent...

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
oki_boy said:
the tires arent that bad on price. i get mine with road hazard replacement gaurantees and lifetime rotation and balancing, valve stems, disposal, (because im not buying new wheels also), etc. etc. (also, turn around time. i ordered on monday and had everything done on wensday. if i shipped 2nd day from edge racing it'd cost me another 150 before i even got the mounting done....)

i could just take them to the mexicans down the street and have them done for 2 bucks apiece...but, well...quality costs money. and personally id rather have my life riding on the extra cash spent...
gotcha. :) you have a point for the warranty and lifetime rotation etc.

·
Vibrant Blue Army
1,637 Posts
35k!? wow......you drive like a wuss!
did you take those pics in the shop while they were mounting the new tires on?
what size are the new tires? what size rims do you have? are your fenders rolled? what kind of settings is your new alignment on? what is your social security number? what the hell is sanchen?

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
soupbone said:
35k!? wow......you drive like a wuss!
no, its just that most people with soft tires drive like idiots. i knew one kid that wore his tires out in 7k miles. he didnt ever track, and he doesnt canyon carve. i do both, what does this tell you??
did you take those pics in the shop while they were mounting the new tires on?
yes
what size are the new tires?
225/45/17's. same as the last set
what size rims do you have?
17x7JJ's
are your fenders rolled?
yes. i had rubbing issues before i rolled them
what kind of settings is your new alignment on?
factory from the dealer. i dont have the spec sheets here at work, but i can type them out later if you really want
what is your social security number?
555-34-7284
what the hell is sanchen?
i dont know. but senchan is my car's name

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shanno575 said:
i like the new tires okimonster :)
*cough* i like you too *cough*

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
soupbone said:
what is this about?
it has to do with my massive tendency to brand whore. i ONLY considered two types of tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts