B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have some problems with my left brake squealing occasionally and some jerking as if the rotor is warped and was wondering who the better service was in terms of service and price. Both offer lifetime warranties on my brakepads, which is a must in Springfield with all the crappy drivers! I exercise the break quite frequently in this town. According to Seeburg, the price differs depending on what kind of rotors I have? For the basic pop off kind they said it will cost $59.95 for the ones that are pressed on and have to be rotated while on the car it costs 89.95. I think these prices include the brake pads and everything too. At Midas they gave me an estimate of 109.95 for everything. I heard they are really good, but if anyone has any horror stories from either of these two I would like to know.

G

·
Have you taken the car to the dealer yet? A brake problem would fall under a warranty repair. Might aswell let Nissan pay for it.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I would think rotors ..

are not a normal wear item. I don't have any horror stories about Midas and never heard of the other. But don't forget if you are hard on brakes you may warp the rotors again. Do they (Midas) give you a warranty on the rotors???

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the lifetime warranty was just for brake pads, they aren't going to replace the rotors, just resurface them or rotate them or both. I take it in tomorrow to see what the problem is. The warranty specifically states that brakes and related parts are non-warranty items. It only costs $30 for brand new rotors anyway and about $15 for the pads, if I was able, I would just do it myself. Seeburg may be native just to the midwest, I'm not sure. I'm not sure what being hard on the brakes means. Its not like I ride them or anything. People swing out in front of me and I hit the break and usually I'm not even going 30, people just don't look before they change lanes here.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
is buck mechanically inclined? or are you? chances are, the pads are fine depending on how bad the brakes are warped. you could just take the rotors off and getting a shop to turn rotors will run you about $6 ea. rotor. just depends on your comfort level.

that's some cheap rotor prices. my ? w/b why are they so cheap? guess i'm just leary of cheap rotors. you get what you pay for. a little tidbit, if you decide to get slotted rotrs, not all shops have the correct laithe to resurface those rotors. FYI

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
yea Lee...

I was thinking the same thing on those rotor prices. They probably come already warped though.:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your dealer should turn your rotors for free.... no reason they should warp so quickly.

As for Midas...never go there!! except for tire specials. They make their money by charging you a bundle, giving you a lifetime warranty on inferior parts, and charging you a bundle again for the labor when those parts needs replacing.

$30 for rotors??? $15 for pads??? there's a limit to how much money you wanna save....

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to Youngblood Nissan today. Since I am over 12.2k they said they will not do it for free. They usually charge $180 for the brake service but gave me a $99.95 coupon if I wanted to service it there, but no warranty on any parts. So I will either go to Seeburg or see if my friend Sean will do it but, I don't know what is wrong yet, I will go ahead and get the free inspection from Seeburg who supposedly have really good brake technicians. Buck doesn't know how to work on cars, he knows how to fix planes and helicopters. He was in the Air Force...interesting side note though, he had a Skyline when he was living in Japan. He is studying to be a financial planner so mechanics just isn't his speed.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The prices for everything are different in the midwest, thats what Autozone has them for. I have a friend who worked their, so maybe that makes a difference. Whats gas there in PA? Its down to $1.42 here.

·
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
182 Posts
SeeBurg???

Go to Midas... Seeburg I never heard of that place.
I would do it myself. Brakes are the easiest thing to change.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I wouldn't work on my own car unless its just installing stuff like mudflaps. I'm not very strong and I don't have a garage or anything. I doubt my heart doctor would like me outside for any long time period, which it would be since I don't know what the hell I'm doing. If I do have more severe problems, I will take my car to Sean and just pay for the parts. Seeburg checked it out and the pads are good, but the rotors are only slightly warped. He said it wasn't anything to worry about until the next time I get brake pads esp. b/c they can only be machined so many times. No charge for the inspection and they couldn't find the cause for the occasional squeaking, I just assumed it was the breaks and I couldn't hear it over the stereo and solid construction of the car. Oh well, thats one thing I don't need to worry about for a while, thanks for all the help! :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
What would you guys suggest for rotors and brakes if your constantly stopping at over 90mph i think i already warped my rotors

and how bad is downshifting for your clutch????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts