B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the SEAFOAM cleaner (there was a thread about it asking if it is good or not) on my 14 year old Camry LE V6.

The car has 110000mi, for the last 2 years gets driven maybe 3-4000mi/year (wife to work), and the only mentainance it sees is oil/filter. Had radiator/belts plugs etc done at ~90000mi.

Anyway, the car does not show its 157HP at all, lol. Given, it is old and auto. So, I tried the complete seafoam treatment: one bottle in gas tank, 1/2 bottle in oil crank and 1/3 bottle to throttle body through brake booster line. When I did the 1st 2, I DID notice a slight difference (for the better). What made a bigger difference was when I pured it straight to the TB. The car smoked like a mofo for 3-4min (as per instructions). and since then it drives better. Even the rough iddling improved by 50% (needs timing adjustment which I will eventually do).

So, I am thinking.... should I use in on my spec? Not every oill change since the car has only 16500mi, but lets say every 15000 to 30000mi to prevent deposit build up? I know the manual states to use no cleaners, but Seafoam worked for the Camry, so I am thinking a treatment on the spec every 15000mi will keep it the engine clean from deposits? I am keeping the spec for as long as it goes, I maintain the car on schedule using only Mobil 1 since 3500mi, and it runs like brand new (of course, w/ so little milage). I get attached to cars I own and love to have a car that runs perfect and looks good (well, the camry did till my wife broke a tailight and slightly bent the metal around it...) even after 100000mi.

Opinions?

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adc100 said:
No. I would use this one however: Auto-rx
Intreresting.

Now, the question is, DO YOU USE IT? Or you hust "would" :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts