B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just thinking!

since the se-r will be sharing the same engine with a base altima, we could always wait for a wrecked altima and do an engine swap. thats if you want a naturaly aspirated engine. i bet a lot of people are going to buy those base altimas. by the time my warranty is over theres gonna be a ton of those engines around. so what do you guys think? it should work right?

G

·
yeah, it should work. However, is doing a swap for 35 additional HP worth it? Those motors aren't gonna be cheap. Not to mention your gonna have to change the entire powertrain (engine and transmission and electrical.) Doing the DET swap would give you more HP for the same amount of work, probably for less money.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
maxximtl said:
yeah, it should work. However, is doing a swap for 35 additional HP worth it?
But B13 and B14 GA16 owners swapping for the SR20 for years... which gives only 30 additional HP. :D Plus the difference in torque between the SR20 and the QR25 is like 35lb/ft (base SE-R). But you're right about the cost of the motor. Those suckers probably aren't going to be cheap since they're brand new.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
azninvazion said:
Just get an XE and wait for a totalled altima! Ultimate sleeper!
Wow, seriously, this would be tight as hell. Now you all got me thinkin!!! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's going to be expensive, but its going to be cheaper than trading my car in. if its around 2k who knows, i might do it. we all don't know who the aftermarket community is going to support. they still don't have that much **** for us. i guess it all depends on what engine gets what. right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts