B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charley got me good. Not only did it blow the neighbor's Oak tree onto my Grand National....It pelted my Silver Spec with roofing shingles!! Luckily the basketball hoop held up the bigger limbs from my GN and just the little ones layed on it. They both got scratches all over the place. Any suggestions on some scratch removal polish or tricks that ya'll have used? Any and all will be appreciated. I usually use Zymol wax but hows that "colored" wax...and does it come silver?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
I was in Orlando for a few days....from South Chase area (OBT and 417) to St. Cloud, Alafaya by the 408, and OBT by 528.........saw a lot.

Where in Orlando were you?

you might be best off filing a claim.............

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Personally, I'm in love with Meguiar's Scratch-X. My girlfriends black Pro5 got pelted by something on the corner of her front fascia that left numerous long scratches (I think a blown tire reached up and bit her) that were very noticable. I spent a while with the Scratch-X after using the cleaner wax first and now you can't see anything at all until you get up close and personal.

I'd probably file a claim though... :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Scratch-X would be your best bet. If that doesn't do the job, you might have to try something more abrasive. Can you feel the scratches with you finger nail, and did they scratch go through the clear coat or not?

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Scratch-X is a wonder-product. You can use it on the whole car if need be- it says it right on the back of the tube.
You could read around on detailcity.com or autopia.org and see what they use for scratch removal, but most of them have Porter Cable random orbitals.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chimmike said:
I was in Orlando for a few days....from South Chase area (OBT and 417) to St. Cloud, Alafaya by the 408, and OBT by 528.........saw a lot.

Where in Orlando were you?

you might be best off filing a claim.............
I am in the Chickasaw/Curryford area by the airport. We got hit pretty good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx ya'll. I bought some Scratch-X today. I give it a try in the morning!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Crazy thing I was out there in Orlando last week, that was crazy... I was telling QWIKTURBO that over here in California we have earthquakes. That was my first experience in regards to a hurricane, to me that was nutts.

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
QWIKTURBO said:
Thanx ya'll. I bought some Scratch-X today. I give it a try in the morning!
Be sure to read the directions. It states to not apply in the sun and be sure to not allow the product to dry. I just detailed my car today with the Meguiar's Three Step Method (looks pretty good BTW, but one coat of wax doesn't seem to cut it for me). Guess what, it's raining like a mofo right now. Also, ChimMike and I were down there together and I'll agree that Orlando had good spots and bad spots...Narcoosee was pretty FUBAR'ed by the storm. Anywho, I'm glad you made it through.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Another coat of the third step wax won't do anything if i recall correctly. I am using the three step but replacing the wax with the 26 yellow wax and did a single coat at first and will do another coat after washing next weekend. Smooth as a baby's ***.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx again......

I just got around to trying out the Scratch-X and i got just one word....WOW! This stuff does wonders! It removed every single scratch from Charley and also took off some marks that I thought were there for good. Thanx again for the heads-up on this product!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts