B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up my SAFC-2 last night and everything went good except for the clear knock sensor wire. When I was stripping it, somehow I cut it, so I spliced it back together then attached the wire for the SAFC-2.

Now, I'm not getting a SES light, and everything seems to be fine. My question is that my SAFC-2 does not give me any KS readings, is this normal or because my KS is grounded? Or do I need to go back and check the connection?

I assume my knock sensor is still connected to the ECU because it has not thrown a code which I would think it would if somethings wrong.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Axcelerate said:
I hooked up my SAFC-2 last night and everything went good except for the clear knock sensor wire. When I was stripping it, somehow I cut it, so I spliced it back together then attached the wire for the SAFC-2.

Now, I'm not getting a SES light, and everything seems to be fine. My question is that my SAFC-2 does not give me any KS readings, is this normal or because my KS is grounded? Or do I need to go back and check the connection?

I assume my knock sensor is still connected to the ECU because it has not thrown a code which I would think it would if somethings wrong.
Well my knock sensor is grounded and I still get readings. Usually single digits but on hot and humid days I've seen it reaching a knocking level of 30. I have no idea what those readings mean...but I do know that the knock sensor is still working even if it is relocated and grounded.

·
NISMO R-TUNE
288 Posts
The new Super AFC-II has a new knock sensor function which alerts the driver. This ensures that the engine is tuned to perfection at every stage.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey, you do know that you have to SET your knock sensor before it will read any signal. You have to go into the knock sensor setting mode and rev your engine at two seperate RPMS I think one is 2600 and the other is something like 3500 and calibrate your knock sensor. Read your SAFCII manual and it says how to do this. Then you will start getting a reading.

Shane

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
03BlkSpecV said:
Hey, you do know that you have to SET your knock sensor before it will read any signal. You have to go into the knock sensor setting mode and rev your engine at two seperate RPMS I think one is 2600 and the other is something like 3500 and calibrate your knock sensor. Read your SAFCII manual and it says how to do this. Then you will start getting a reading.

Shane
Alright, I was just messing around with it and I found that out. So now it is set but after driving around the block it's showing 0 knock but, at idle it will go up to 1 or 2. Is this normal?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah, that's normal. I live in TN/KY and it gets pretty hot around here and when it's hot and has been idling for a while mine will go up to 30 if it's hot and idling and sometimes around 50. But, if you just go around the block and it's not a hot day then it shouldn't show too high. You most likely have it set correctly. Wait till this cold front passes through, drive it hard for 20 minutes and let it sit for 10 minutes after that idling, it will get up there.

Shane

·
Registered
935 Posts
What do the numbers equate out to? What do they mean in reference to "actual knock" as far as the car's ecu is concerned?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts