B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't really know why anyone thought they'd find a connection to Saddam during the 9/11 investigations....

Why did they need Saddam? They already had the means to enter the country, train for their "mission", stay under the radar and had plenty of money to boot.

It's almost as unreasonable as the claims that the Mossad did it...

·
eyeforaneyetoothforatooth
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<---- Agree, but that is one of the big reasons Bush used for going after Saddam.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Midnight2001SE said:
<---- Agree, but that is one of the big reasons Bush used for going after Saddam.
I remember Bush saying Saddam funded Terrorism, which he did, but I never remember him mentioning ANYTHING about 9/11 and Saddam.

The biggest reasons were the WMD and funding Terrorism in general.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So Bush claims that Al Qeada is the biggest terrorism network ever known to man, and Saddam is the biggest funder of Terrorism, but he never meant to link the 2 together? Talk about bullshnit.

EDIT: By the way, I don't think a Democrat could have done a better job, that is not my viewpoint, so no reason to assume that i am left-winged, i believe all politicians suck.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chimmike said:
The biggest reasons were the WMD and funding Terrorism in general.
WMD, what are those? They don't seems to exist in Iraq.

·
Registered
806 Posts
sonnypippo said:
in many ways including this one at hand.

bush sr. funded bin laden and al-qaida during his term.
Yeah, the intelligence community needs to be more careful who they get into bed with.....

But.....it wasn't Bush senior that funded the mujahideen (not Bin Laden directly, and certainly not Al Qaeda....). The war was all but over between Russia and the mujahideen rebels in Afghanistan by the time old Bush came into power.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't get me wrong, Saddam was a dictator that needed to be taken out, but not at the cost of so many lives both US and Iraqi.

·
Registered
806 Posts
sonnypippo said:
i thought bush sr. had a direct business connection with bin laden construction company via the carlyle group.
It's all conspiracy theory....

And by that time, good ole Osama wasn't really in the "construction" business. His family in Saudi Arabia still operates the company. However, since he has been stripped of his Saudi citizenship and his family has disowned him, he's not really part of the picture.

Don't believe everything you read. If some of the gov't's money got funneled to him after the end of the Russian/Afghanistan war of the 80's, it wasn't intentional...

·
Registered
806 Posts
TheRealFatabbot said:
Readily available, unbiased historians and other media outlets....

You can believe this shit all you want, I can't stop you.
And I have friends in high places that would know first hand (not totally unbiased info, I admit...).

And I'm not saying the U.S. is the innocent victim of the world at all. But to claim that we're the reason Osama became powerful and rich is bogus. We're definitely indirectly responsible, look at the flow of money around the middle east. But once the money's there, it's beyond our control. We just need to find better ways to exert our power than to support corrupt regimes...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts