B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if everybody can see rust on their disk brakes? Am I being overly concerned, or is this an annoyance for everyone?

I wouldn't mind having nice shiny brakes all the time, is there a way to get it?

·
Registered
250 Posts
sr20reNaISSANce said:
thats natural, especially after washing your car.
It's really an annoyance. I'll wash the rims and dry them as best I can, then go out for a drive, only to have rust-coloured water splatter all over the rims and wheel wells. I'll then hose off the rusty water, but it'll happen again the next time I drive.

I don't want to risk *not* hosing off the rusty water, for fear of staining the alloys permanently, so it seems I'm always washing the wheels after a drive. Does anyone have any suggestions for handling this problem?

DL

[Edited by dleong on 06-04-2001 at 08:45 AM]

·
Registered
58 Posts
I get the rust too, in fact on every car I've had the same thing. It's not a problem and is completely normal. As far as permanent stain, I haven't noticed a problem. I work at home and my car usually sits al week, and recently we've had rain alomst every day and I haven't noticed any inds of stains even after a week. There was some rusty water marks that were coming from around the center cap, but even after being there a few days, it still just wiped off. The clear coat on there seems very good, and there shouldn't be any permanent stains left behind as far as I can tell.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
You should probably make sure to wax the alloys every now and then. It helps to protect the surface of the wheels, and should make it easier to clean them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts