B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! I have the money for rims, but i have no idea what to get. I have a Y2K1 Sentra XE and i want to upgrade to 15's from the stock 14 inch. Please help!

G

·
so you have the money right then I say go with something that says aftermarket come on get 17's or 16 I have 15's and they look small

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about 16's or 17's, but i have seen what those size rims can do to a car. They make the car look like it has been raised, the exact opposite of what you want your car to look. Plus when you go from 14's to 16+ the ride is also very rough. Consider yourself luck that you got 15's

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
actually 16's aren't that bad of a ride, I would definately recommend 16 or 17's, the SE with PP comes with 16 inchers with 195/55/16 tires, I have these and the ride is not that bad. I had 15's on my old car and can't tell the difference. If your going to spend the money on aftermarket rims go for 16 or 17's. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
daavikes said:
actually 16's aren't that bad of a ride, I would definately recommend 16 or 17's, the SE with PP comes with 16 inchers with 195/55/16 tires, I have these and the ride is not that bad. I had 15's on my old car and can't tell the difference. If your going to spend the money on aftermarket rims go for 16 or 17's. Just my thoughts
The 17's run pretty well and I have rubber bands as you can see form the picture

It made it the slightest bit rougher on the ride but the handling can't compete....I am running 215/40/17's for tires....and as you can see from the picture below it covers the wheel well very nicely....

So I would suggest you also getting 17's :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
How much are you willing to spend. For a decent set of 15" rims, it's gonna be a LOT cheaper than if you got a decent set of 17" rims.

If you are worried about ride quality, etc, go for th 16". 15's are too small and 17's hurt performance. 16's are a good compromise. But of course for cruising and just looking good, you have to go at least 17".

First let us know what you are planning on spending...then we can help you out a little more.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I greatly dissagree with that I spent $99 bucks per rim and about $100 per tire,,,so I spent right around $900 for my set of 17's......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mos' definetely 17's they look tite as all hell. 15's are way too small. 17's won't make your car any higher up cuz you are just plus sizing your rims and making the tires smaller. Get a lowering kit if your worrried bout wheel gap.

Enemigo thats a real nice pic of your car, looks professional, what camera you got?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sentra Styling-

Don't forget that you bought your rims on sale. Plus, if he had gotten the 15's of the same rims, tires are only $50/each for 15" tires. On average, a set of 17's will cost anywhere from $1100 and up. A set of 15's will cost around $800 or less.

It's true that you can find specials here and there but that limits the rims that you can buy.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
RadiumJohn said:
Sentra Styling-

Don't forget that you bought your rims on sale. Plus, if he had gotten the 15's of the same rims, tires are only $50/each for 15" tires. On average, a set of 17's will cost anywhere from $1100 and up. A set of 15's will cost around $800 or less.

It's true that you can find specials here and there but that limits the rims that you can buy.
I totaly agree with what your saying 100% but I had my mind set on my rims and I just happened to be cruising threw all the sites and found them at that price maybe I was lucky and all but you never know what you can find out there for a good price especially with the internet it broadens your horizons and opens alot of doors to save your self alot of cash,,,just like I did......Especially seeing that he doesn't have his mind set on one particular set of rims,,,,he can easily search a few sites and go to the specials sections and pick up a sweet pair of 17's like I did for the same price I did....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sentra Styling how much was your Stillen chin spoiler???

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SentraRacer said:
Sentra Styling how much was your Stillen chin spoiler???
I paid about $175 but from what I've heard they went up a bit,,,so I'm not sure what it goes for now....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sentra Stylin you say you have fog light upgrades... does that mean you found fogs the perfectly match the stock slot on th car

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
No just the bulbs was changed....

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
MAN $175 for the spoiler?? Dang... Rite now the spoilers off a available mods list from b15sentra.net/mods.html said $219... but from Stillen itself they said $329!! How do I get a good deal like yours, SS??? At the most $230 anyway!

P.S. I just sent ya a pic and info of my sentra for your site, it's not nearly as modded-up as our fellow forumers here, but it's a start.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts