B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So with the facts you already know like install being a lil more difficult than the usual coilover.. I have to say its way worth it..Ive spent 720 on my setup.. thats including 35 thrust bearings and 15 rear poly bump stops(thanks to piopio)... I couldnt give my opinion earlier cause the alignment was not done.. and realy it wasnt worth it.. there was little to NO improvment in performance than stock..It was just different.. the tires would squeal early and the car would push so bad ..force me out of the corners..it sucked..so alignment is crucial people.

Now with -1.5 camber and -.16 toe out (total) the car is just great.. first on a regular turns its like ok, not bad.. but its when u get on it..and take it fast where u notice ur speed is way higher than usual.. the car feels "lighter" in the sense of your not fighting it anymore..the wheel is not forceful when holding in the corners. and this time it wants to the take the turn.. goes in way better..surpirsing almost..it rotates way better too.. the rear i mean..cars feels like its digging in the turn now.I took this "S".. i know how it feels at the limits.. this time.. i took it with caution but still spirited and I was surprised.it took it beutifully...<<and this review is just one trip back home toal of 4-5 turns..so I havent realy got my hands on it..Ill drive it more...but i just had to post this..thats how much i liked it..it brings out confidence.

..one thing..about the gf210.. the rear gap is a lil lower than the fronts.like half a finger maybe a lil more ..some people are very picky.. so i just wanted to mention this.. I dont mind it that much... ..some say the front should be lower...i rather have rear be higher in my opinion... I just took the spare tire out to raise the rear a lil bit,and it did just that lil amount where im satified..but the springs feel fine and I understand why people would say its better than stock springs on stock struts..not bouncy..it progressive though..which was a lil upseting to me at first..but its like 2-3 coils progressive.. looks way different than the prokits..I think its a great choice for the price..ok enough with this blabing..any questions or comments ill be glad to answer..Im gonna try to get pics this weekend ..I just need someone to post them for me.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AntonToo said:
Rear higher then the front??? miabe the front didnt sag in yet, cause you put the rears in first?
im not sure if i understood u.. but ill try.. Im saying I like the front gap.. i think the rears are lil too low for my taste.so for me raising the rear would be better than lowering the fronts.I had the idea to send the koni to a machine shop and have them regroove it so it sits a lil higher in the rear...but its to much hassle and realy i like it better now.. so i dont mind..
.. the springs have settled.. I waited till they did and some ..then i got the alignment.. I had the setup on for a good month maybe longer..

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
specvspeedfreak said:
im not sure if i understood u.. but ill try.. Im saying I like the front gap.. i think the rears are lil too low for my taste.so for me raising the rear would be better than lowering the fronts.I had the idea to send the koni to a machine shop and have them regroove it so it sits a lil higher in the rear...but its to much hassle and realy i like it better now.. so i dont mind..
.. the springs have settled.. I waited till they did and some ..then i got the alignment.. I had the setup on for a good month maybe longer..
So you want the rear gap bigger then the front? :confused:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
AntonToo said:
So you want the rear gap bigger then the front? :confused:
No, I think he means the rear gap is smaller (from tire to fender) than the front. It gives the illusion that the rear is lowered more.

The rear fenders are lower in the back than the front actually. I think there needs to be a 0.4" difference for the front and rear gap to be even with each other visually, as the Nismo S&S makes the front and rear tire gaps match. But it also gives the car more of a raked stance, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kaaos said:
No, I think he means the rear gap is smaller (from tire to fender) than the front. It gives the illusion that the rear is lowered more.

The rear fenders are lower in the back than the front actually. I think there needs to be a 0.4" difference for the front and rear gap to be even with each other visually, as the Nismo S&S makes the front and rear tire gaps match. But it also gives the car more of a raked stance, if you know what I mean.
exactly.. couldn't have said it any better

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish i had picks.. so many people trip on that.. I swear its no bad at all.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just came back from a spirited drive.. man the car is different.. wayyyy better.. its like a totaly different car.Now its all about fine tuning the shocks and messing with the tire pressure.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
So will the stock alignment do? Cuz that's what I'm going for. Tanabe/Konis. Do I need to get a custom alignment for that or do I just tell them I need an alignment and since I can't adjust the height, I dont need to adjust them?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
civiceater said:
So will the stock alignment do? Cuz that's what I'm going for. Tanabe/Konis. Do I need to get a custom alignment for that or do I just tell them I need an alignment and since I can't adjust the height, I dont need to adjust them?
your gonna need an alignment anytime you lower your car.. its your choice if you want factory setting or custom.either way the handling will greatly improvent cause the toe is way off.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I know the toe will be very off once you lower. So I can go with factory settings even if say i had GC or Teins coils and go with the lowest setting ever and still get the factory alignment? All I'm trying to figure out is that. Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah u can get factory setting when u put on coilover.. but once u mess with the height your gonna need an alignment again.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The drop on the prokits and gf210 are identical, but how come I don't hear the prokit people saying their front has more gap than the back??

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
tit said:
The drop on the prokits and gf210 are identical, but how come I don't hear the prokit people saying their front has more gap than the back??
With prokits (1.2"f/1.0"r), the rear has more gap than the front, especially if you take the spare tire out, which is how my car sits now. With the spare, tools, carpet and 20lbs of audio in the trunk the gap is perfectly even front and rear.

I'm surprised that the rear of the Tanabe sits a little lower than the front, especially since the claimed drop (1.3"f/1.1"r) on paper would lead you to think otherwise.

Anytime you drop your car substantially you usually get more front toe in. You really want 0 toe or slight toe out for better turn in and steering response, this is why an alignment is so key after lowering. The rear is not adjustable for camber or toe unless you get the beam bent (toe only).

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have pics now.. not the best quailty but its decent..anyone willing to put them up for me.. just PM .. ill emial u the pics.thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts