B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had noticed a couple people had there resonator removed if I had this done what are the benifits down sides where can I get it done and how much does it cost to have done

------------------
all your base are belong to us

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
it will be a bit louder and maybe youll gain/lose 1 or 2 hp. It hasnt been dyno'd so who knows. Its a low buck mod, save up for an exhaust...

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus2K1Sntra:
I had noticed a couple people had there resonator removed if I had this done what are the benifits down sides where can I get it done and how much does it cost to have done

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In order to have it removed from the stock pipe you would either have to hae it cut off and another piece of pipe welded on or have nother mid-pipe made...
But I'd have to say it probably be better if you just got an aftermarket exhaust this way you can get a bigger pipe rather than keeping the stock diameter.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
816 Posts
Actually, are you talking about removing the resonator from the exhaust system or from the intake system?

I think removing the resonator from the intake system (that useless black box in the fenderwall) will give you more airflow even into your stock intake system.

Removing the resonator from your exhaust system is not worth the hassle. Like Darkside said...save up for an exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts