B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hye guys, im new to the board, so bear with me. I have an 04 Spec-V with i/h/e, magnaflow to be exact. Once I got my header last week, the exhaust is louder, of course. I have been to several muffler shops around my town (Athens) and no carries larger resonators. The guy at Midas said he can cut out the 18" resonator on my magnaflow and replace it with a 22" muffler. Should I go this route or keep looking for a resonator, or does someone know where i can get one. Thanks

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just cut it off and put a pipe there. Simple as that ... Game Over. Now move on to your next mod and stop talking about exhaust.

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
JoelAZ said:
this is the dumbest thing I'm going to read all week.
I don't know about that, I've seen some pretty dumb things posted this week.

As for your resonator question, a resonator is just a straight thru muffler.. if they can fit a straight thru muffler in there than go for it, as long as it isn't a glasspack or some other non-straight-thru design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mee- Im looking for a 22" resonator

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Most resonators are just round bodied mufflers. If the muffler he has is 22" long and has a 4" diameter that is what you need. If it is an oval muffler it wont even fit under your car so I'm assuming he has what you need.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
look online.. there's places that sell the big magnaflow resonators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts