B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I reset the ecu after the post about the possdible performance gain and went for a drive and was dissapointed
- I dont feel the booste I used to at around 4300 rpm
- It shifts a tad bit lower
- it is slower on the o-60
- feels more sluggishg overall

the only good thing I can say is that it idles lower after startup

any ideas and why this happens and any ideas on how to fix it or start to work it back

------------------
all your base are belong to us

·
Registered
119 Posts
The ECU is a learning ECU. You have to give it a little bit of time. That is my only guess.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I think you are supposed to do that after making an adjustment/mod, such as installing a CAI or advancing the timing. This will allow the ECU to reoptimize itself.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
297 Posts
it takes about 1 or 2 weeks for your computer to learn again, break in the engine, etc. mine was horrible last week too, but it's getting a lot better this week.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
should i try to reset my ecu too? just ten minutes huh?? disconnect the negative right.......

let me know what you all did

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
297 Posts
I disconnected both the negative and the positive for like 2 hours.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
oh... i'll try that soon :D

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts