B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cover in the passenger side air bag sticks up a bit. When I reported it to the dealer they'd seen it before and the solution is to replace the entire airbag assembly. Seems drastic. Anybody else?

------------------
2001 Sentra SE+PP 5 speed Canadian model

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
if you check out some of the older posts in the archives you'll see some answers to your question i don't remember what the dealer did to help but i'm sure they should seeing it's under warranty...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
geez... was that all covered by warranty?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the same problem, seems that the clips don't want to clip.

------------------
2000 Avalanche SE w/PP, no gas cap holder

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the same problem with my airbag. The front right corner of the cover didn't seem to fit right. I kept trying to push it back down. Then one day I lifted up on that corner and it came right up. I took it to the dealer and they had a new airbag in stock and replaced it right away with no hassles. The new one fits great. My suggestion is to complain. You don't mess around with ill-fitting safety devices.

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP
1998 SE-R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts