B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Boosted P11
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RR engine, and I need to get rid of the stock injectors and put in new ones, because I'm going turbo. Is there a write up on how to do this? I can't seem to find much for RR engines. I need this info ASAP, because install is happening by end of this week. Thanks!

·
Classifieds Wh0r3!
628 Posts
did you try sr20forum.com
-mark

i'll try to look it up for you...but i'm pretty sure sr forums has something...

·
the SER is sold...
205 Posts
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread...because I plan on installing a turbo onto my engine as well...I plan on dropping in some MSD 38lbers into the stock fuel rail...I'd assume switching out the injectors would be similiar to similar to switching out the injectors of any lowport engine...but what the hell do I know...there are a couple of people on here of done this, so hopefully they'll speak up

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
changing the injectors on a rr motor is easy. all you need to do is disconnect the fuel pump and run the car until it stalls out. then try to crank the car to make sure the rail is not pressurized. then disconnect the negative battery terminal and remove the upper part of the intake manifold. this will give you access to the fuel rail. unbolt the fuel rail and have a rag haddy for excess fuel. depending on the fuel lines you may have to disconnect them. the injectors in a rr motor are top feed just like the msd units so they fit the stock rail but some modification may be needed. I know the injector plugs are different so you will need to use the msd clips on the stock injector harness. I think david has pics of him doing this you may want to pm him. :D

·
Boosted P11
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. I have the MSD clips and also the bolts+washers to make the rail fit. Are there coolant lines that go into the manifold just like on the low port? I think on a low port, you need to drain the coolant before attemping to replace the injectors.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
I believe the only coolant lines are on the t/b. you can get around those by unplugging the input line and rerouting it back to the return then use the return off the t/b to connect to the input. this totally by passes the the t/b of coolant and just loops the coolant back into it self.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
Koojo said:
Hmm interesting, so basically just disconnect the input, then disconnect the return, and plug them together? I guess I'll have to tape them together temporarily or something while im working on the fuel injectors
you can use the stock coolant return port and just plug the line that noramaly would feed the t/b directly into the return nipple :p . then use the return line that would have plugged into the coolant return and plug it into the input side of the t/b. you will spill a little coolant but this keeps the lines from spraying coolant all over and allows you to disconnect the t/b from the intake manifold. you really don't want coolant in your t/b if you are running a turbo. especially if its water cooled.

·
Boosted P11
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I need the coolant in my t/b because it gets to like -40*F here in the winter, so I need that. I'm tee'ing off my heater lines as coolant for the turbo.

Hmm I wish there was an easier way stop the coolant from flowing. Maybe I can stick a screw or something into the hoses? or a golf tee?

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
Koojo said:
Well I need the coolant in my t/b because it gets to like -40*F here in the winter, so I need that. I'm tee'ing off my heater lines as coolant for the turbo.

Hmm I wish there was an easier way stop the coolant from flowing. Maybe I can stick a screw or something into the hoses? or a golf tee?

bummer, you will need the coolant lines in vermont. I live in the south so I have no need for them. you should be able to plug the lines with something. a golf tee might work :D four. I know if you have a bolt about the right size you can use that and some duct tape to plug up the coolant lines.

·
Boosted P11
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't get the intake manifold off!! Grr! I'm doing it right now, and I can't do it. There are like 5 bolts behind the underneath the manifold that need to come off in order to take it out. I'm thinking maybe getting them from under neath the engine..?? Help me please now!!

·
Boosted P11
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally got it off, but I had to undo a few screws from the bottom. I mean, I had all the tools. I had a few wrench extenders and all the sockets, it's just that there are SO many wires hoses that I couldn't get a wrench in there from the top. And it's hard as hell to see the nuts from the top

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally got it off, but I had to undo a few screws from the bottom. I mean, I had all the tools. I had a few wrench extenders and all the sockets, it's just that there are SO many wires hoses that I couldn't get a wrench in there from the top. And it's hard as hell to see the nuts from the top

Koojo & Cortrim1:

I am ready to remove the lower intake manifold on my sentra, how do you remove the four fuel injectors that are still attached to the manifold? Can I remove it while it is attached to the rail?

I have my original question here:

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191554

·
Registered
3 Posts
changing the injectors on a rr motor is easy. all you need to do is disconnect the fuel pump and run the car until it stalls out. then try to crank the car to make sure the rail is not pressurized. then disconnect the negative battery terminal and remove the upper part of the intake manifold. this will give you access to the fuel rail. unbolt the fuel rail and have a rag haddy for excess fuel. depending on the fuel lines you may have to disconnect them. the injectors in a rr motor are top feed just like the msd units so they fit the stock rail but some modification may be needed. I know the injector plugs are different so you will need to use the msd clips on the stock injector harness. I think david has pics of him doing this you may want to pm him. :D
Hi cortrim1,

when you say....."unbolt the fuel rail and have a rag haddy for excess fuel."....

meaning unbolt the fuel rail then PULL the whole assembly from instale manifold while the 4 injectors are still attached to fuel rail?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The 2 bolts hold the fuel rail. What holds the fuel injectors firmly inside the manifold are the O-rings. Go ahead and give them a good thug. They will come out with the rail. The injectors have a clip by the rail that locks them onto it. Be sure to replace the O-rings when you're installing them back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts