1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They went from this:

to this:

and finally this:

I repainted them black and added a color matched lip. I know the pics aren't that good, but I'll get some good ones later this week. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
hmmm, so what happen to the se-r wheels??i know im missing something here.didnt u just paint the others also?now u got to sets ah??

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had 3 sets at 1 time, but now I just have the 16" SEs and the 15" SEs. Those are SE wheels. They came on the SE's w/o the PP. The difference is the center caps that cover the lugs. The GXEs don't have that and they've got the open lugs :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
ooOOoOOOo.....coolio....good car man...makes it one a da best examples of a sleeper...

·
Registered
214 Posts
i know this ? is asked alot but.....how long does this take???for you....how many coats of black and clear....and what brand do u use/quality and durability.
BTW:nice valve cover....what kinda paint was used on that also

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I painted the rims black in 1 day. The longest part was masking everything off because I usually take my time and make sure everything is well masked off.

I used 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of black paint, and 1 coat of clear. After you're dont painting its good to let it sit off the car for at leat 1 night. It was really humid this whole weekend so I let it dry all weekend. I started friday afternoon and finished painting saturday. I put them on the car about 30 min ago and the paint seems to have settled well. Depending on the weather (heat and humidity) it shouldn't take more than 24hrs after the final coat has been put on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
coolio...im thinkin of painting my 04s gloss black, cause im too poor to buy any wheels.

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
I need new rims. you saw the painted then unpainted ones i have.lol maybe Ill try to sand them down totally and try it again. any ideas on color?? I like the silver but I miss the black. Damn those stockers look good. Baby GTR i envy you.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
I will be painting my stock spec rimms soon.

What I want to know is how can you paint the lip so perfectly? How do you make a perfect circle using masking tape? Have any pics of the process?

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nburwell said:
You have too much time on your hands, Larry. :D Looks nice as always though! Those your "winter" wheels and tires?

Nah they're not my winter wheels. The 16" will be. The reason is because I know the tires on the 16" wheels wll be able to handle snow since they're all season. I got the tires on the 15" from a friend and I don't know if they're summer only tires or all season.

evangelos K - As far as the lip I don't know how to explain it, but just make sure the tape follows the lip of the wheels.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sentrase00 said:
did u sand them down or just paint over them?
I painted right over the old paint. I was lazy. Usually I sand down again.

On a radium sentra I think black rims would look nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts