B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have what seems like around 15 blobs of tree sap that have landed on my car. some of them i know i want be able to get off, but there are quite a few that are still somewhat recent. i've picked the buildup off the places, but there are still some places where it has run and the residue is still there. it looks completely nasty, especially on my white car.

does anyone know of anything that can remove this residue? i tried to use a claybar on some of the spots last time i waxed my car and it didn't help at all :(. would something like Goo Be Gone work or any other ideas?

·
Registered
243 Posts
your gona have to use this stuff that advanced auto parts or any autoparts store for that matter should carry. i forgot the name of it but its a metal container and it smells ike gasoline lol. i know it works great on windshields i dont know what itll do to your paint. maybe nothing bad as long as you wipe it clean rigth after your done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
you know what, i hear a bunch of people saying that on here, what do you mean, i belive you i just dont uderstand what happens, because mines great and my friends specs as well(except the aztecx red but thats a given)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paint chips. even the tiniest rocks will peel the paint. and my paint isn't near as bad as some other members. some colors are worse than others, and cloud white is one of the better colors.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
claybar will work fairly well on tree sap, you might also want to rewax the whole car or just the spots that you claybared to protect our oh so thin paint...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i'm saying. i worked my *** off with the claybar and i didn't get the stuff off. i need something else...

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
I don't know man.....anything that is harsh enough for the tree sap is probably gonna wreck the paint a little. I know Meguiars has a paint cleaner, don't know if that would help anymore than the clay bar. They do make bug and tar removers, those might work. I have a few spots on my car as well, oh well.

·
bitter
25 Posts
bigjerm, i had tree sap on my car for a few days without knowing it and guess what? 1.5 years later, its still there. huge stain that dripped down. sucks, dude. i tried jsut about everything, too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would recommend taking to a detail shop and letting them work out the sap. You could just try some bug and tar remover that should be safe enough for your paint. I have owned a detail shop for about 15 years and I continually show my spec at the local shows for advertising. If you can find a Car Brite dealer you could get some sap remover from him but you may need to buff the entire car afterwords. :eek:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have about 5 on my hood that i could just about get rid of by getting a CF hood :).

the one that bugs me the most has been there about a month. its right above my passenger side fender well and had dripped about 3 inches before i saw it :mad:. now, it looks sick on a white car....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Try using urethane adhesive cleaner. Body shops swear by this stuff. It's an alcohol based solvent...I used it to take off the adhesive left behind from the pin stripes I had on my previous car. Go to your local body shop, I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you a bottle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.