B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I f-i-n-a-l-l-y got my SE back. My auto trans was eating itself up after a few hundred miles. If you remember my story this started with the "Service Engine Soon" light. Dealer Nissan (York, Pa.) did a fine job- checked back with the factory several times, etc.

Here's the rub: after telling me I was getting a "new" transmission I read the service printout and saw it was "remanufactured."
I'm not wild about having some "old" parts in a "new" car. I paid for a car that had all "new" parts. I am planning to go to nuclear war to get an extension on my warranty for this "new??? old???" piece of sh&^#(t
. What do you guys think? Put yourself in my shoes.

Thanks,
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey, those extended warrantys are a ripp off.

But I feel your anger.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
Wait wait wait. I would stop and call Nissan IMMEDIATELY to get clarification on this. I can think of ABSOLUTELY NO reason why you should have a remanufactured part in a new car. I would raise hell with who ever you have to, to get this resolved.

I wouldn't settle for an extended warranty. What did your dealer have to say about all this?

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maxximtl:

Just picked it up tonight. There was no one to talk to. I want to be reasonable. But the more I think about it - Nissan is trying to F--- me and I don't appreciate it on GD bit!!

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
259 Posts
definately call nissan usa or go thru the stealership channels. that is not right.
1-800-nissan-1.

i would be going postal if i were in your position. (ok, so i'm just looking for a reason...
)

------------------
MY PAGE

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Dude i would not accept any kind of used parts in my car that I am buying brand new I would definetly go with calling up nissan and a lawyer,,,,,you are paying for new not used man.....i hope you get this problem solved...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
158 Posts
I feel your pain but unfortunately this is pretty much standard practice in the industry. I believe in the warranty they mention some replacement parts are "used".

------------------
mexican heartache-GXE, refuelling convienence pkg. engine warmer, shaggy car mats.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna lose this battle. I read up on the warranty. It says "Nissan approved new or remanufactured parts" However as you guys have stated, I paid for a car with all "new" parts and that's what I want. I am going the official complaint route with a case# already assigned. But the toilet's getting ready to flush and I'm going down. It is Nissan's policy to use remanufactured parts in their repairs. For what its worth- remanufactured parts are theoretically better than rebuilt as all the wear items are "supposedly" replaced. Still I want all new parts.

Later Dudes

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto Trans(remanufactured)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well i wish good luck with whatever route ya take....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts