B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the service manual it says to mix the anti-freeze with water...i know i need to replenish my coolant, so what kind do you suggest? and should i add water or no?

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
go to the dealership, they do it for free most times. btw if u see it drop frequently, you might have a leaking radiator- i had that same problem, its covered under the warranty

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes, add water. Water is the coolant, antifreeze is just that: raises the boiling point of the mixture and lowers the freezing point. Antifreeze alone will not cool your car correctly.

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k
i think ill just get some premixed stuff
seems easy enough, and i could care less bout having the dealer do it free, cause id rather not wait for my car if i can have it done in 2 seconds...
thanx 4 the suggestions btw

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpecVracer315 said:
go to the dealership, they do it for free most times. btw if you see it drop frequently, you might have a leaking radiator- i had that same problem, its covered under the warranty
only reason mine dropped is cause i tried the coolant bypass mod, and lost a good amount of coolant..hehe

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
The Nissan coolant is damned expensive, but worth it.
$15CDN for 4L jug will keep me going for a long time; I've only had to top it up once in 3 years, so that's not bad.
Coolant also keep the water from corroding and/or plugging the coolant system up(calcifying?) over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts