B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Definitely a worth while investment in terms of cheap insurance for your engine.......won't see any performance gains out of it.......obviously :rolleyes:........please nobody post up bitc hing about how it doesn't lower your boiling point (in a whiney voice)

Late,
Daniel

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that first link I posted says it doesn't lower boiling point ;)

I'm going to buy it for when I'm boosted, a little extra help and use of good fluids in a boosted car is always good insurance :)

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
yeah i know it did mike.......but you know that most people on here will click on the link and say "oh sh it..i'm not reading this whole thing".......then they'll post up some pointless question that has already been addressed in the link you posted :rolleyes:........i'm going to use this stuff when i'm done all my NA stuff and i'm maxed out :D

Late,
Daniel

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
So this could probably increase an engines life no?

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
in theory yes it could help in sustaining longer engine life.......not sure if there is any actual proof or tests done to show the difference w/or w/o water wetter.......but in theory that's what its designed to do

Late,
Daniel

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Sunburst03 said:
in theory yes it could help in sustaining longer engine life.......not sure if there is any actual proof or tests done to show the difference w/or w/o water wetter.......but in theory that's what its designed to do

Late,
Daniel
Well I mean, if it helps to remove hot spots, it can't be bad, the hot spots may wear down the metals faster etc etc, I'll probably put some in when I change my coolant before winter.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
it seems like the royal purple product is designed to do the same thing.......its all just a matter of preference........for me i'm going to use the Redline......i just like Redline more than Royal Purple

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Water Wetter is good stuff..
But
I had nice results with Purple Ice from Royal Purple as stated by Pugnex up there..I saw about an 8% cooler Temp... It Decreases the surface tension of Collant so it can transfer heat better, Also it protects your wet sleeve cylnder liners from corrosion while extending its anti corrosion benefits to the seals in the WP....I have already sent a bottle overseas to wait for me with my advanced shipment..just be sure to follwo the instructions that come with these products, you can hurt more than help if you misuse them. With The Royal Purple "Purple Ice" only use 1 Ounce (about 3 capfulls) Per Quart Of Dsitilled Water, then ensure you use a minimum of 15% of Coolant with your distilled Mix..
Late
Daryl

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
It might work but who can prove it?? You have to assume you will have nucleate boiling at a supposed hot spot. But what reason do you have to assume this?? I just don't see it happening with an aluminum block and very even heat transfer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Al raises the question that I had: What problem is Water Wetter trying to solve? In theory it seems beneficial, but at a practical level it may prove useless. I run about a 50/50 coolant mixture with water pump lubricant thrown in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts