B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since we all know that the redline MTL, MT-90 tranny fluid are good for all
our spec, have they make already a certain oil or atleast a performance motoroil that we could use it every oil change to help reduce wear and tear in our engines???? im just curios because im changing tranny fluid with in week

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Many people like to use synthetic motor oil in their motors (myself included). I believe Mobil 1 was found to last about 7,000 between oil changes! You don't really need to overthink oil changes, just use good oil, a good filter and change everything as often as you can (I go with 3,000 mile intervals).

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
redline makes motor if thats what your asking its kind of hard to understand ur post but its fairly expensive i think like $9.00 a quart

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
There are really no magic bullets for engine motor oil. I've seen lots and lots of oil analysis for every brand . Oil Analysis Really no one oil stands out. I'd have to say though that the oil that seems to give the best overall results is probably Amsoil.

Redline on paper should beat them all-but it doesn't. However having said that-it should give the highest amount of protection because its an "Ester" based oil and it has huge amounts of wear additives. I personally think a great thing would be to add a quart of RedLine to the oil you are using. I changed my son's oil in his Acura yesterday and that's what I did there. I mixed it with Schaeffer's Synthetic Blend (a great oil). I took an oil analysis sample and I'l take another one to compare. (I have too much time on my hands :D )

Right now I have 2 Quarts of RedLine5W-20 and 2Quarts of RedLine 10W-30 in. I plan on changine at 6K miles and then do an oil analysis.

Another Possibility is Mobil 1 Racing Oil. Next time I'm gonna try that probably.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I changed my tranny fluid about 2000 miles ago with Redline MT90 but be honest with you it's not that much smoother compare to stock. Yesterday I decided to change it to Royal Purple Max gear, it is much smoother than the redline, smoother gear shifting and it says both GL4 and GL5 compatiable and won't eat yellow metal so I use it.

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
dualmax said:
I changed my tranny fluid about 2000 miles ago with Redline MT90 but be honest with you it's not that much smoother compare to stock. Yesterday I decided to change it to Royal Purple Max gear, it is much smoother than the redline, smoother gear shifting and it says both GL4 and GL5 compatiable and won't eat yellow metal so I use it.
You're not supposed to run straight MT-90. You need to mix it with MTL to get the proper weight/viscosity mix.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
angel2167882 said:
What happen to the Cavalier? :p
It took a hike. He had 100K on it. I seriously would have bought it, but I couldn't justify 2 cars, a truck, and a MC. It was actually a great car

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
angel2167882 said:
Oh well... I'm sure it was maintenanced like nobody else and it was a reliable car.

What Acura model/year he got now? Integra I guess?
Yea-I kept after it even though he lives 60 miles away.

The Acura is an 04 TSX-6 speed pretty decent car. Its only a 2.4 200HP but it seems pretty strong.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I haven't seen any Amsoil UOA's on the QR25 motor but maybe I dont visit bobistheoilguy enough. I use Redline 10W30 and do oil analysis with every change, and my last oil lasted 6000 miles and that included 1 track event..things looked normal except for slightly elevated lead count but I think that could be attributed to the track event. I will change my oil directly ahead of my next track event so that the analysis is just street driving and we'll see how my lead figures are.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dualmax said:

yeah dude i guess that you have to mix MT-90 and MTL to have good great mix.... and performance i did change mine about three days ago now, it was really fantastic now that i could rely on redline

·
Registered
45 Posts
dualmax said:
i went w/ the royal purple as well...better feel and w/ the twm and greased bearings...... :) beautiful

1 - 14 of 14 Posts